• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Has anyone here successfully changed the type of food they eat?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercy

Some context: I'm 29 years old, around 230lbs and have been steadily gaining (not intentionally) for a few years. Although I'm okay with my weight, I don't think I enjoy my food as much as I should be doing. My diet is pretty predictable and limited: red bull, chocolate, takeaways (usually southern fried chicken, onion rings and garlic bread) are all reccurring themes. If I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I might have a sandwich.

It's not that I don't like other foods (I love curry, Chinese food, Italian food, good English home cooking, etc), I guess I've just gotten into a pattern of certain rituals (the Red Bull for breakfast, takeaways most evenings) and right now, it's hard to imagine that ever changing. As I say, it's not the weight that's the issue, it's the fact that this food isn't particularly good for me, doesn't even taste that good and I don't particularly enjoy it. Partially, this links into my depression and the fact that when I seek "comfort" I tend to do whatever is easiest.

Which leads me back to the question in the thread title? Has anyone here ever successfully changed their diet, from the kind of repetitive crap I'm describing above, to something more balanced, varied and (this one is optional I guess) healthy?

Latest posts

Back