• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Hey

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wantabelly

100% FFA
I know I have been AWOL for a significant amount of time.... but here I am... again. I now many of us have a period of silence and then come back, so I hope I can slip in and be appreciated for my contributions again.....Anyway, hey... (I feel awkward, ha ha)

Anyhow, so I just wanted to talk about something big that has just happened to me.... I have always been pretty healthy and health wise, have lasted 28 years without nothing serious happening... so about 3 months ago, I went to the doctor with a list of symptoms expecting nothing much.... but she felt my belly and said there was something in there... which obviously, completely freaked me out... So after several scans, tests etc it emerged I had a fibroid on my womb, not only a fibroid, but a mega fibroid (7 inches!!! and i'm only small). I don't know how much you know about fibroids but for someone of my age, it's not normal especially at that size! He said if I was double my age, he would do a straight hysterectomy, no messing but because i still don't have kids he wanted to do everything possible to preserve me womb... but he could make no promises. So on 30th June I had a myomectomy, which cuts fibroids away from the womb..... as a result I had to have a blood transfusion cos i lost so much blood, but thankfully, apart from that, all went well.... I still have my womb, yay!!! So i'm signed off work at the moment for at least 6 weeks.... I have quite an impressive scar too, but he thankfully avoided damaging my belly button which I was worried about!!

The doctors have told me to think about having babies sooner rather than later.... I am in a loving relationship, but have never seriously thought about babies until now... it has kind of put it into perspective, I would rather have my own kid now, earlier than planned, rather than not at all. Its scary but I have to start those discussions now.... I'd be really interested to know if anybody else has been through something similar or had to 'rush' into having babies due to circumstances? Also, does anybody know more about fibroids? I've heard they affect fertility anyway, regardless of surgical intervention.... I'm also worried about what the future might hold... more fibroids? more surgery??
If anyone knows anything, it'd be good to hear what you know.

Latest posts

Back