• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How does one find a therapist who is size positive?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wistful

I figured the health board was the best fit for this question,so I'm posting my query here.I recently moved and I'm about to start a search for a therapist(cognitive/talk therapy) with whom I feel comfortable working with.It's already going to be tough enough finding someone who has a style/outlook on life that meshes well with my own *and* will take my insurance..when you add that they must be somewhat size positive..well then it gets even trickier!!

Unfortunately it's been my experience that therapists are just as prone to fat bigotry as any other group of people in this fat hating society we live in, so I'm concerned that I might have quite the search on my hands.While I don't expect nor need to find someone who is always fat positive all the time, I cannot work with a therapist who feels that I must be thin in order to be truly happy or mentally healthy.So has anyone had any experience in searching and finding a size positive therapist?? Any tips? While I'm looking forward to therapy,I'm really not looking forward to this search at all!

Latest posts

Back