• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I found a scale

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickRidem

Just let me know when you guys get sick of me yammering on. :)

We threw out our scale years ago and we're both pretty happy about that, but every now and then we (ahem) come upon a scale and check just out of curiosity. Last time I checked which was quite a while ago, I was about 130. But I'm going to switch gears for a second...

Last night I met a friend for dinner, an FA who has really made lil ol' me feel fantastic about my new attitude. (To *hugely* understate that.) This person has really helped me feel free to enjoy eating with no hang-ups or neuroses, and I really haven't minded encouraging right back. :D I know I'm not really yet, being even playfully being called "chubby" made me stupidly giddy, and I'm just not like that, really I swear. :doh: Now when the day comes that I hear it without the good attitude and intentions, how will I react? I don't know, I hope that I at least don't care. I felt like a little kid in a sandbox, "Look! I have a tummy!" HA! And I thought to myself, even if I gained 10 more pounds, around 140, that's the biggest I've ever been in my life, and I could be very cool with that. I was certainly chillaxin'...

So today I happened across a scale in a store I didn't need to go to. :p I asked the girl if the cheap one was accurate, and she said she didn't know her own weight to tell me - tiny little thing never checked scales either. So I took off my coat and stepped on while it was still in the display box. She held my coat as the numbers spun to... 160! Wait a second, I told her that's um... (damn... that's... exciting... I think, um...) my synapses are zapping as the poor girl thought I was upset. I was wearing loose gym clothes and hell, I could have been any weight as far as she knew. She was so cute, "You know, numbers don't mean anything as long as you feel good."

I almost laughed at her - with her. Yeah, I'm getting that, but really, the scale's wrong. She took it to the pharmacy desk and asked if anyone there knew their accurate weight to test it. (Now I'm just bloody amused to see who steps up.) Another customer volunteered, he said he was definitely 184. He stepped on the boxed scale and it zoomed over 200. They took it out of the box and he tried again, 184. Ah, it was the display box. So the three of us watched as I got on, which was bizarre but cool in the same sandbox kind of way. It was accurate now...

I'm just a a couple of bucks short of 140. So I went from sure I was 10 less, to momentarily seeing 30 on top of that, and back to my biggest size so far. Just last night I thought I could do ten more, and just an hour ago I was not scared and almost excited about 160. Hmmm...

So the plan from the beginning was to grab pizza for my dinner as hubby was taking the car and running out when I got home. Brain fizzing, ordering pizza, I looked down and saw $5 at my feet. There was nobody else in the place that it could have belonged to, everyone was gone. Heh. :eat2: The gods like to play with me, and sometimes they ain't so mean. :cool:

Of course there are other little things happening along the way, and since some of you have asked me to continue sharing, I just thought this was so damn amusing... in a brain fart kind of way. :rolleyes:

BTW - it's a full moon on Saturday, if even weirder things can happen, I'm in trouble. LOL!

Still Chillaxin' :cool:
(edited for spelling)

Latest posts

Back