• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I had my surgery

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T'Rina-MsXXL

T'Rinaxxl
I just wanted to stop by and say hi and give a quick update, I KNOW this is an ANTI WLS site but at the same time I have many people here I have gotten support from in the past and it did not seem fair to just disapear and never tell anyone how i am doing.

I had WLS done april 26th 2010 after losing some weight in 8 months. I was orrigionally schedualed in Aug of 09 but gained weight and I am glad as can be I was postponed, for one i learned to control my eating better than I ever had before, I learned to take care of myself and I learned that I WANTED this surgery and it was not just something I needed.

I was told that they did not know for sure if I would have open surgery or laparoscopic but that they would look inside me and decide while I was out. I was not going to know til I woke up and my first thought was to see if I had been cut open. i was amazingly lucky and even though they almost gave up and did cut me open they pushed through and were able to do it with 5 small wounds.

I spent 3 days in the hospital and then went home, for the next week I was in a lot of pain and then I weened myself off of perscription pain meds by the 6th of May and after 4 weeks had started working out in the pool again where I am up to 40 mins a day (not saying it is easy at all mind you I am still bone on bone with my knees but I do it)

I do take about $70 a month in vitimins and protein drinks and I will be at least taking the vitimins ($40 a month right now) for the rest of my life. I do fight every day to get enough protein and can only eat about 2 to 3 oz at a time, with next to no simple carbs and if I eat too fast, too much, too dry or adversly drink at the same time i throw up but it is getting better.
I KNOW I have a long hard trip ahead of me, I know that things will get harder and I will not always have it as easy as i do but I also beleave i had no choice other than to end up totally crippled.

I dont suggest everyone with a weight issue have WLS, I do suggest that anyone who does do it sees it as a tool not a magic bullet and that they be honest with themselves about what could happen to them.

I also one month before surgery met the man who has helped keep me motivated and happy, my new BF Alex, he has had to deal with a lot, I am older than him and no where near as healthy and he is not an FA, he is a T'Rina Admirer which is something I have always wanted, a man who loves and desires me for me not what I do or could look like. But regardless of our differences he truly loves me and i know he will be there for me a long time.

Latest posts

Back