Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Colonial Warrior

I Want to Find Someone...

Who cares about who I am.

Who wants to know everything about me.

Who likes the way I look.

Who loves me the way I am.

Who wants me the way I am.

Who knows to love from the heart, body, soul, and spirit.

Who makes me feel real love still exists.

Who knows that nobody is perfect.

Who wants to have dreams together.

Who wants to have a new start together.

Who wants to seek new horizons together.

Who wants to explore new worlds together.

Who wants every second to be an eternity when we are together.

It is perhaps too late for me?

Last edited:

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
It's never too late as long as you're breathing, but I think you're handicapping yourself. What you're focusing on most is her feelings about you, and you can never be sure about what's going on in someone else's head. What you can be sure of is your own feelings, and I'd suggest you focus more on them. Obviously you're attracted to her and feel excited about her, but what else do you feel? Are you relaxed and at ease with her, or do you feel as if you have to live up to some kind of image? Can you talk with her about anything, or are there subjects you're better off avoiding? If she were to tell you that she's taken a vow of perpetual chastity, would you still want her as a friend? These are all questions you can answer, and they might lead you to someone with the qualities you posted. They did for me.

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent?
Staff member
Global Moderator

I hope it's not too late for you, because if it is, I might as well quit now.:(

Colonial Warrior

Thank you so much for your advice. Is one my biggest mistakes is that I try to over emphatic if that term is correctly applied to my situation.

Sometimes I care too much of what people think about me on the way I treat them. Perhaphs my greatest fear is to engage with someone who is not in love with me but wants to stay with me because she did not find that special someone that fulfills her expectations on the love of a man.

As for my relationships, sadly there is not a potential "Mrs. CW" on the sight. Again, @Dr. Feelgood thank you for your advice. I took this chance to open my heart to all the Dims forums people.

Colonial Warrior

Thank you so much for your advice. Is one my biggest mistakes is that I try to over emphatic if that term is correctly applied to my situation.

Sometimes I care too much of what people think about me on the way I treat them. Perhaphs my greatest fear is to engage with someone who is not in love with me but wants to stay with me because she did not find that special someone that fulfills her expectations on the love of a man.

As for my relationships, sadly there is not a potential "Mrs. CW" on the sight. Again, @Dr. Feelgood thank you for your advice. I took this chance to open my heart to all the Dims forums people.

Colonial Warrior

You'd e hard pressed to find someone with all of the qualities/characteristics you find appealing. That's just life. But, start with a foundation of good qualities and work from there.
Thank you @BigElectricKat for your reasoning. It really helped me when I was just about to "throw the towel" at my 53. I have to think my chances in love are not ovrr. In the meantime, I have so much to work hard to be a better person. Sometimes I meditate on a phrase I heard in a movie called The Last Starfighter: "When the chance come, you grab it with both hands, hold tight."

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter

Hi CW,
some of my thoughts, my experiences...

First of all: looking or searching for somebody to love - difficult.
Life happens. And love happens. too.

Finding somebody who loves you the way you are. the way you look, .. etc requires loving yourself the way you are.
In case you do - good.

I personally like all points you mentioned and they all describe how a perfect love could be.

One point you mention is about not being perfect... What I learned from life - no life, no love is perfect. Also true: nothing needs to be perfect.

I don't know if this is any help...

Colonial Warrior

Hi CW,
some of my thoughts, my experiences...

First of all: looking or searching for somebody to love - difficult.
Life happens. And love happens. too.

Finding somebody who loves you the way you are. the way you look, .. etc requires loving yourself the way you are.
In case you do - good.

I personally like all points you mentioned and they all describe how a perfect love could be.

One point you mention is about not being perfect... What I learned from life - no life, no love is perfect. Also true: nothing needs to be perfect.

I don't know if this is any help...
Thank you so much @DazzlingAnna! It is nice to read about what a woman think about my thoughts. I pay much attention about a woman's feelings about the subject.

It is so hard to talk about this outside here. I didn't have too much friends here. I live with my 81 years old mother and I didn't talk about this with her because she sometimes feel the guilt for what happened to me and that is false.

Group builder