ice cream/ice cream novelties thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
mmmm iiiiiiiiiiiiicecream :eat2:

I go through icecream phases...i was stuck on Ben and Jerry's chocolate mint cookie for a very long time....and now i seem to be in a rocky road phase ...just had some and can still taste it on my lips :eat2: ...mmm...icecream hehe
I LOVE the mint chocolate cookie! It's so much fun when I find the big ole' honkin' pieces of cookie! lol

Baba Fats

This is one I'd love to try, but I haven't found it around here. Grew up in Tastykake and Turkey Hill land, though.
The Turkey Hill Website has a page you can use to find the nearest store that carries their brand -

http://www.turkeyhill.com/products/product-locator.asp

They'll even FedEx their ice cream to you, if you're desperate for a fix -

http://www.turkeyhill.com/products/order-product.asp

Four cartons for $86 is a little steep (I could get about 30 at the ShopRite for that price), but I've just found a flavor that's almost worth the money. It's a special "Limited Edition" for Valentine's Day -

http://icecreamjournal.turkeyhill.com/index.php/2009/01/28/box-of-chocolates-returns-for-valentines-day/

"Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates is a milk chocolate ice cream filled with dark chocolate raspberry cups, chocolate almonds and white chocolate chunks and swirled with chocolate chips." If you like Ben & Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk (and I do), this has it beat by a mile. The ice cream itself has a real milk chocolate taste (to my palate, B&Js is more like cocoa, with a hint of bitterness). The chocolate pieces are smaller (and easier on the teeth), and each one has a distinct flavor, which makes every mouthful unique. The raspberry is especially good, like a tiny truffle, and lifts the whole concoction into the realm of the sublime.

Ice cream is not something I normally think about in February, especially a February when the weather's been so nasty that the groundhog came out, saw his shadow, and bit Mayor Bloomberg. I confess to being hooked on Turkey Hill's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, but when the temperature drops below 40 degrees I seem to lose interest in that part of the supermarket. So when I tell you that this stuff is good enough to (a) make me crave ice cream in midwinter, and (b) make me want to get on this board and spread the word, that's a serious endorsement.

(No, I don't work for Turkey Hill. But if they're looking for an enthusiastic advertising copy writer, they can contact me via the Webmaster.)

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
The Turkey Hill Website has a page you can use to find the nearest store that carries their brand -

http://www.turkeyhill.com/products/product-locator.asp

They'll even FedEx their ice cream to you, if you're desperate for a fix -

http://www.turkeyhill.com/products/order-product.asp

Four cartons for $86 is a little steep (I could get about 30 at the ShopRite for that price), but I've just found a flavor that's almost worth the money. It's a special "Limited Edition" for Valentine's Day -

http://icecreamjournal.turkeyhill.com/index.php/2009/01/28/box-of-chocolates-returns-for-valentines-day/

"Gertrude Hawk Box of Chocolates is a milk chocolate ice cream filled with dark chocolate raspberry cups, chocolate almonds and white chocolate chunks and swirled with chocolate chips." If you like Ben & Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk (and I do), this has it beat by a mile. The ice cream itself has a real milk chocolate taste (to my palate, B&Js is more like cocoa, with a hint of bitterness). The chocolate pieces are smaller (and easier on the teeth), and each one has a distinct flavor, which makes every mouthful unique. The raspberry is especially good, like a tiny truffle, and lifts the whole concoction into the realm of the sublime.

Ice cream is not something I normally think about in February, especially a February when the weather's been so nasty that the groundhog came out, saw his shadow, and bit Mayor Bloomberg. I confess to being hooked on Turkey Hill's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup, but when the temperature drops below 40 degrees I seem to lose interest in that part of the supermarket. So when I tell you that this stuff is good enough to (a) make me crave ice cream in midwinter, and (b) make me want to get on this board and spread the word, that's a serious endorsement.

(No, I don't work for Turkey Hill. But if they're looking for an enthusiastic advertising copy writer, they can contact me via the Webmaster.)

Damn you. Now I need to go buy some ice cream!

p.s. Chuck, the groundhog who bit the mayor, actually did NOT see his shadow!

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
you guys are KILLING ME

we don't have any of these amazing flavours

Canada sucks when it comes to ice cream :(

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
I think you mean this one, Toni. I can't keep it in the house. My nephews sniff it out and it is gone before I can even get a taste. LOL
I would kill for this. :eek:

(The Tastycake chocolate cupcake ice cream)

sweet&fat

My aim is true.
I can't believe no one has mentioned my favorite flavor....

You know, I actually don't like Ben and Jerry's when it comes to fudge and caramel. Both taste very plastic/bland to me.

Haagen Dazs vanilla fudge however, is the real deal. SO GOOD.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
You may be right, S&F. I may just need to get better ice cream, and a separate jar of caramel sauce to eat by itself. Problem solved. ;)

sunnie1653

Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)
haagen dazs plain chocolate... god i could live on that stuff. :D

Cors

Delurking
haagen dazs plain chocolate... god i could live on that stuff. :D
What is the difference between plain Chocolate and Belgian Chocolate? Just small chocolate chunks? Strangely enough I have never seen the former.

MissToodles

dead peasant
I didn't know HD made a peanut butter swirl flavor. I'm a bit wary to eat anything containing peanut butter right now, but I will store that one away in the memory banks. I know B&J's made a peanut butter ice cream (full of peanut butter cups)

Also a fan of Turkey Hill 'Southern Lemon Pie'-
Tangy lemon ice cream swirled with whipped marshmallow and shortbread pieces.

View attachment ltd_pr_150_south-lemon_l.jpg

sunnie1653

Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)
What is the difference between plain Chocolate and Belgian Chocolate? Just small chocolate chunks? Strangely enough I have never seen the former.
Its just chocolate ice cream. No chunks, no nada. Just creamy smooth chocolate ice cream. Its awesome. :)

katorade

I found one of the best ice creams I've ever had. If you're a fruit fan or like flavors like spumoni or pistachio, you'd probably love it. Unfortunately, it's from a local place so you're only going to get it in my neck of the woods unless you want to pay $$$$$.

It's a flavor called fruit custard by Aglemesis Brothers. It's an almond flavored custard full of almonds, pecans, pineapple, and cherries. It's nothing short of amazing.

Sweet Tooth

Deep. W i d e.
I didn't know HD made a peanut butter swirl flavor. I'm a bit wary to eat anything containing peanut butter right now, but I will store that one away in the memory banks. I know B&J's made a peanut butter ice cream (full of peanut butter cups)

Oh, good Lord... I need to move back to PA. LOL

Carrie

I was concerned about this too (seeing as I eat it, oh, weekly or so), so I did some research today and found this statement from the company, assuring customers that they don't get their peanut products from Salmonella Central.
Holy delicious ice cream, Batman, that looks amazing. Lemon! :smitten: I'm going to check my local grocery store for that, but I'd bet just about anything they don't have it. "Lemon ice cream" is maybe a bit frighteningly exotic for my little country town. :rolleyes: