• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Is the bible anti-fat?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mango

Mustachio Nut
This is a site primarily centred around size acceptance, admirers of fat girls & fat guys and people of size.

Here in Hyde Park (which is where I'm posting this as this issue may get heated) - we've seen numerous people state their beliefs in the bible as the word of god &/or jesus & his followers and even quote psalms to support their arguments.

We all know that gluttony is regarded as one of the "seven deadly sins" but what does the bible have to say about FAT?

Is the bible specifically anti-fat?

I did a cross-search of 'bible quotes' and 'obesity' and this is what came up.

Proverbs 23:2

Put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony (also written as 'appetite'),

Proverbs 23:20-21

Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.

Genesis 1:29

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.

Proverbs 30:8

Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me,

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Luke 21:34

“But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap.

Titus 2:5

To be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Titus 2:3-5

Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Genesis 3:17-19

And to Adam he said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, ‘You shall not eat of it,’ cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life; thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.”

That's all I could find for now.
Some of the quotes are quite explicit and extreme, others were vague.

I would like to ask the bible-followers of this forum how do they correlate a 'size acceptance' lifestyle in which either they themselves are 'of size' or have a loved one or someone of desire who is 'of size' but which conflicts with words in a bible which they follow as part of their faith?

What are other people's opinions on this?

:cool:

Latest posts

Back