• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I've been "spotted"!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
I know there have been threads in this theme before, but I haven’t seen any recently so I thought I’d start another. :)

Sometimes it’s fun, sometimes it’s creepy, but it is almost always interesting in some way when you become aware of someone’s interest in you. For fat women, though, it is often difficult to gauge if that interest is actual delighted interest or circus freak factor. Most of the time, you can tell when it is repulsion—people have a hard time masking that, even in public.

So let’s share those times when we *know* we’ve been “spotted”, in a positive Dims Weight Board kind of way. Obviously, at fat positive events, we’re going to experience that, so I’m talking more about the day-to-day life events when we aren’t really expecting it. I’m happy to start!

The other day, I was in the pet store, buying dog food. Now mind you, I have little dogs, so I buy a 4 lb. bag of food for them every two weeks. Hardly a strain to lift that bag. The clerk rings me up, asks if I want a bag, and I say no, that’s fine. So then the clerk at the other register comes over with an enormous smile and says, “Would you like me to help you with that?” and again, I say, No…I’m fine, thanks. And he, continuing to grin, says, “Are you SURE? I’d be happy to help you out to your car. Is there anything else you need?” And I laugh and tell him I think I can manage, but thanks again…and he says, “Well, if you ever need any help with anything, you be sure to let me know, okay? I’d be more than happy to help!” and walks me to the exit with that huge smile still on his face.

Now, I fully realize that he may be a guy who just takes customer service to the limit, but sometimes you just know there’s more going on. I mean, come on…I’m a beefy chick on top of being fat, I hardly look like carrying a 40 lb bag of anything would be a struggle, much less a 4 lb bag of tiny bites dog food.

Latest posts

Back