• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Knee Pain/Exercise

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isa

In search of....
I started attending the Y about three weeks ago. It's great, love the place and atmosphere. I am on a basic strength training program along with 15 to 30 minutes of walking on a treadmill.

Now I find myself having light to moderate knee pain after the workout. Does anyone have any ideas for alleviating it? I do not want to become dependent upon pain pills as I try to take them only when in serious pain. I also do not want to stop working out because it really does make me feel better.

A little background: Last year I hurt my knee getting up from the floor. This happened twice and the pain was excruciating. Had a visit with my pcp and received the old "it's all weight related" talk. After a strongly worded discussion with him and insisting on a x-ray I ended up visiting an orthopedic doctor. He reviewed the x-ray, performing an exam of the knee and said that technically nothing was wrong with it. His diagnosis was that the quad tendon had responded to the injury by tightening up and that it needed to be stretched/worked on to become normal again.

Obviously I've waited over a year to start working out so that's my fault. My hope is that the pain I'm feeling is just a tendon/muscle issue and will go away the more active I become but the fear of serious damage is always in the back of my mind.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Latest posts

Back