• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Linux???

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankgirl

Phreakoid.
Well, Windows has annoyed me for the last time. XP was fruity enough. But Vista is a *&%*^$&^%* abomination. Should have been an abortion.
I don't WANT to know what they've done in Seven. I'm DONE.
So linux is the answer, as I'm stuck with the laptop I've got and configuring a dual boot system is cheaper than buying a new one.

The only question is: Which distro?
So I'm asking if anyone here acutally uses it, which flavor? Why? How advanced a user are you?
Or does anyone have a friend with an opinion?
I've narrowed my ideas down a bit, but I NEED some input from USERS, not people who heard sommat from someone. So I can figure out which one will do what I want, not what it wants.

I'm not a guppy when it comes to computers, not really a noob. Vista confuses me, but I'd swear on a stack of bibles that it's an evil Windows imitation that TRIES to kill itself- it's NOT because I don't know what I'm doing. I got all my training when ME/2000 were new. Most familiar with 98SE, XP, and DOS. I liked and miss DOS, but I like my GUI too, to...an... extent.... Uhm... well, in XP I liked the GUI, but I like 98SE's style.
Candy coated OSs are NOT my gig.

I am SO weird.

Latest posts

Back