• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Louie and the Fat Girl

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, apparently, I have not posted in the forums for several weeks, and some Web software suggested I take a few moments to
engage in conversation!:)

I remember when first hearing that Jerry Seinfeld was getting a TV show back in the late 80s, and thinking that I would not watch it.
I personally did not find his stand-up comedy that funny -- and I still don't. Yet it was the essence of seeing a world built around the
mind of Jerry Seinfeld that made the show interesting. This is as true to me with Paul Rubens with "Pee Wee's Playhouse", or Tim Burton's
"Pee Wees Big Adventure".

So I finally started watching "Louie", under the same premise. Like those aforementioned shows, it was entertaining to see a world built around
the mind of Louis C.K., involving drama as well as comedy.

Of interest to this community is the recent "Fat Girl" episode that is generating discussion. Actress Sarah Baker's
monologue
is pretty compelling.

By comparison to many of BBW, Ms. Baker is considered just slightly chubby. Louis C.K. probably has as much body fat, which highlights a
double standard about weight - which was IMO the subtext of the relationship plot in the episode.

Here is a review of the episode from a fellow FA:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/what-louies-fat-girls-tirade-got-wrong-about-the-dudes-1575868260

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdWcNJ17YY

Latest posts

Back