Make-Up or NO Make-Up?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Fish

Artist of stuff
If you mean it in terms that sometimes the ride is casual, long and the scenery begins to suck unless you actually get where you're going, while at other times you're racing 3 miles at 80 mph to get a pack of cigs to take care of the monkey on your back, and at even other times you're ranging from 20-45 mph, pumping the brakes while driving in the middle of the night with no headlights with slick spots all over the bumpy road and a toy dog yipping in the backseat and the goddamn kids won't turn the sound on the DS down, then yes, sex is like driving a vagina.

Just don't have the gall to say it needs to be taken in for an emissions test :p.
So, to summarize your thoughts: Sex is like driving a vagina. Driving is a major hassle for you. And when you can't get where you want to go, when you want to get there with the easy route you'd prefer, it's the CARS fault.

Smooth.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
So, to summarize your thoughts: Sex is like driving a vagina. Driving is a major hassle for you. And when you can't get where you want to go, when you want to get there with the easy route you'd prefer, it's the CARS fault.

Smooth.
I see you didn't want to touch the last line. I don't blame you.

Admiral_Snackbar

Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie

Smooth.
I can see the emoticon at the end didn't clue you in to the fact I was trying to be funny (and apparently failing). I forget we can't joke in any way about female genitals or male/female sexuality here. Virginity and gay cars and cars-as-sex-objects and teeny-weeny weenies, yes, but everything else? Verboten.

Seems like it's time to bring back the old [SATIRE] tags again...

Fish

Artist of stuff
I can see the emoticon at the end didn't clue you in to the fact I was trying to be funny (and apparently failing). I forget we can't joke in any way about female genitals or male/female sexuality here. Virginity and gay cars and cars-as-sex-objects and teeny-weeny weenies, yes, but everything else? Verboten.

Seems like it's time to bring back the old [SATIRE] tags again...
Oh, no. I could totally tell that you were "trying" to be funny so feel free to come down from your soapbox of imaginary persecution. My post had noting to do with telling you you couldn't make jokes about female genitals, etc. But since you failed to understand my post, here's a summary:

I was just pointing out that in your "funny" post, you essentially said that you find sex to be difficult, confusing, full of distractions and that it's all the woman's fault for your lack of success.

Hope that clears it up for you. :rolleyes: (note my emoticon)

Admiral_Snackbar

Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie
Oh, no. I could totally tell that you were "trying" to be funny so feel free to come down from your soapbox of imaginary persecution.
Dude, I guarantee if we were comparing car models to sizes of penises and male midlife crises, there would be no outcry of sexism. There's an obvious double standard on Dimensions as to what is 'acceptable' to joke about and what is not.

I was just pointing out that in your "funny" post, you essentially said that you find sex to be difficult, confusing, full of distractions and that it's all the woman's fault for your lack of success.
Given the preponderance of gay and bi dimensions members, where in my original post did I imply the man was doing the driving? What if the woman is controlling the ebb and flow of the road? What if you're trying to have a quickie in the morning while the lady is on top and the kids are banging on the door asking for breakfast? I would think ladies are more than capable of driving their own 'cars'.

And in my personal experience, despite trying to make a joke, the concerns about "emissions" have all come from a woman's perspective, not mine. Every woman I've ever known has been infinitely more concerned and self-conscious about their smell than I was.

Hope that clears it up for you. (note my emoticon)
It certainly does oh white knight of Dimensions...

Saoirse

jesus this place is a fucking trip.

I thought it was funny snack.

Fish

Artist of stuff
Given the preponderance of gay and bi dimensions members, where in my original post did I imply the man was doing the driving?
The implication is implicit when you don't bother to write the description from anything other then a first person perspective. So, your driver is implied to be not just a "man", but you, yourself.

It certainly does oh white knight of Dimensions...
Glad to be of assistance, dark stain of Dimensions.

Paquito

don't July to me
I'd wear make-up to cover all of my acne scars. And I'd drive a chick-car to save on gas.

Do two wrongs make me super manly? Beefcake. BEEFCAKE

Jes

is oddly aroused
i can't tell if this is meant to be funny, a genuine question, or is just plain douchery.
either way, i've got no response.
i think that WAS a response.

but anyway, now i wanna know. i know you're asexual, but i'm not sure how to take that. and if you think i should answer first: i'm not. a virgin, i mean.

Famouslastwords

Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch
i think that WAS a response.

but anyway, now i wanna know. i know you're asexual, but i'm not sure how to take that. and if you think i should answer first: i'm not. a virgin, i mean.
I'd just like to clarify that I didn't really know that he was asexual until someone told me after I posted that. I guess I haven't been paying attention or haven't been around those parts of the boards. At least I think I didn't know. Or maybe I did know and I forgot at any rate I think I didn't know.

blueeyedevie

Well somewhere along the way the make-up question got a bit lost. I wear makeup, i have an addiction for watching make-up gurus on you tube, and apparently I do all that because I want to,most certainly not for my guy because he could care less if i had it on are not. In fact he prefer me not to wear it. Now it is very rare that I wear makeup to the point you can actually tell I'm wearing it, but I like wearing it never the less. I am not one of those obsessed chicks that cant leave the house with out make-up. In fact I do quiet often, especially when I'm dieing...:eat2: ( to funny a comment made earlier). It seems like make-up for some can be a mask, I know some girls can't face life with out it. For me , it is something that I do for me, and me only. It is one of the few things I do for myself and It doesn't look like ill be stopping just because my guy doesn't care for it.

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
I feel makeup can enhance your beauty when it's used right. I love makeup! I love to experiment with makeup. There's a problem when you feel 'ugly' without it and won't let anyone, even your lover/husband see you without makeup. I can go out without any makeup and I feel fine. However, I love eyeshadow!

hrd

for my part, i dislike how make-up feels on my face and that it makes me look too much not like myself - i do have fun coloring my hair, though, so go figure =)

Group builder