Mandatory stay at home weight gain?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
Same, I work in a restaurant so not having access to food all shift is making a difference. It sucks; I don't think I'm quite energy balanced and my anxiety has been through the roof.
you’re not alone in that regard. I spoke with my wife last night and she is really worried. It sucks not being able to be with her through all of this.

Stay calm and do your best to stay connected to others who are important to you. Anxiety is real and for a lot of us it’s worse if we try to take it on alone.

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
We're not on mandatory lock-down yet, but the company I work for shut-down our plant earlier this week, and officials have asked us to stay home if we don't have anywhere essential to go. So I've only been to the grocery store a couple of times.
I've gained nine pounds. Since Tuesday.

Barrett

DM Supporter
Currently at 330; been as low recently as 273 Christmas morning (2019).

I say "recently" because my weight has fluctuated wildly, in cycles, all my life.
I was 310 in 2003, lost 118 pounds over the course of 2004, kept it off until 2008, then gained back everything I'd lost, plus gained 50 more on top of that (yay depression) by the end of 2009, putting me in the 360s. Stayed up there for several years.

I dropped down to 270 from late 2016 to early 2019, but I've put a lot back on since Christmas.
I'd have to put on another 30-something pounds to get back to my record weight. I'm trying to avoid that, since I have a tendency to balloon a good bit past my prior records every time I regain weight. I could end up well over 400 pounds way too easily, and while part of me wouldn't mind that, I think I would lose too much agility to be comfortable with myself if I let myself get that fat.

Unless I did actually join a sumo school. 😁

Mr. Jigglesworth

A true Meatierologist.
Dude, i wish I could pack on the pounds as easily as you. My metabolism is too high and I eat alot then burn it off too easy. My weight gain is like the "inch worm" song. But there's hope as a month ago I moved in with my gf who's your size now and I'm matching her bite for bite, plate for plate and its helping me gain😀

Barrett

DM Supporter
Dude, i wish I could pack on the pounds as easily as you. My metabolism is too high and I eat alot then burn it off too easy. My weight gain is like the "inch worm" song. But there's hope as a month ago I moved in with my gf who's your size now and I'm matching her bite for bite, plate for plate and its helping me gain😀
Sounds like she knows what she's doing. 😁
Keep following her lead and maybe you'll be our size before you know it!

Orchid

Must have gained something, was in my garden putting fresh water for visiting cats. Hear a horrid noise I split out of my old dress putting bowl down. Fled indoors just as one of the cats appeared for the water.

Group builder