• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Martial Arts Anyone?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynyc

Slow Dance Aficionado
No-No-Bad-Kitty presented an a great point to a question that I had posted regarding the Martial Arts and interest the Dimensions community.

"I don't know squat about MMA or kickboxing however I would love to learn how to do it. I do not, I admit, enjoy watching these events professionally because I don't like seeing people hurt each other. However, I am not against them, if that's what folks want to do.

I myself would LOVE to learn how to do these things. However...I haven't come up with the courage (yet) to enter any classes. Not sure how they would take a fat chick wanting to learn how to high kick."

Do any of you feel the same way?

I enjoy reading the Magazines and find the popularity of Mixed Martial Arts both a good and bad. It's nice that it has gotten wider exposure;but, bad that other Arts are not considered. I've also gotten the impression that there is a huge difference in the training on those competing in sports vs. self defense applications.

I've often wondered what are the best arts for folks of size : is it grappling- boxing-weapons training - striking arts ? Maybe some of you practicing Dimmers can share your thoughts...

Latest posts

Back