Memories in the basement, a portfolio.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
I didn't know how to go about doing this, so I'll just upload like a madman and deal with the consequences later...

To keep on topic with this board, here are some size acceptance images that haven't seen the light of day (in unedited form) since the '90s. This was a cartoon that I posted on the I.E. NAAFA webpage many moons ago.

Following that is a sample of art that I've done over the years, and my old sketch books.

Here goes...

Risible

Monkey Daze
How fun, Stan! Proportions look good on Thundora. I also love the little birdie background filler.

Hey, did you ever notice the cartoon that I have framed and hanging on the wall in our hallway? Check it out next time you're over. Drawn by an old bf, it's actually very good artwork and the story ain't so bad either, featuring, of course, fat women heroes!

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
Hmmm - a predecessor of Coyote Wild's "Thunder Thighs?"

Someone actually should develop this - we haven't had a decent BBW superheroine since Harvey Comics discontinued Little Lotta.

Her strength and bulk was exceeded only by her kindness and commitment to truth, justice and the American Way.

Oh wait a minute - that last clause was another strip! :)

Risible

Monkey Daze
Egads, your death mask! That must have been an adventure creating that! I love how you've cast it in -what, bronze? copper? - and mounted it on marble. What a cool display, Stan!

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
How fun, Stan! Proportions look good on Thundora. I also love the little birdie background filler.

Hey, did you ever notice the cartoon that I have framed and hanging on the wall in our hallway? Check it out next time you're over. Drawn by an old bf, it's actually very good artwork and the story ain't so bad either, featuring, of course, fat women heroes!
Egads, your death mask! That must have been an adventure creating that! I love how you've cast it in -what, bronze? copper? - and mounted it on marble. What a cool display, Stan!
Thanks Ris! I didn't see the cartoon at your house, but I'd definitely like to take a look next time! The cast is bronze, I also have an identical glass cast of my face somewhere under the house. The funny thing about the marble mount is that I didn't know how to mount the bronze cast. Just before the cast was ready to mount I was in a thrift store in Azusa and found a broken marble lamp, but the base was intact; it fit perfectly. I always had good luck with thrift shopping and assemblage art.

Stan

tnekkralc1956

Glad to see you posted! This is a great body of work. If we ever get together I'd like for you to show me a bit about how the neon work is done... I've always been seriously interested in that as an artform...

Really great stuff, guy! Hope to see more of your works.

Cat

Gone baby gone
Stan, what a great collection! You're soooo multi-talented!
Keep it up!

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Glad to see you posted! This is a great body of work. If we ever get together I'd like for you to show me a bit about how the neon work is done... I've always been seriously interested in that as an artform...

Really great stuff, guy! Hope to see more of your works.
Stan, what a great collection! You're soooo multi-talented!
Keep it up!
Thanks Tnekk and Cat. You both are incredibly talented artists yourselves, I consider your critique quiet a complement!

The trick to putting neon into your work without having to invest in a bending (and pumping) setup is to learn how the schematics for tube bending are drawn. If you go to the right shop, fabricating the tubes shouldn't be that terribly expensive. It's the bending that is time consuming, but shops will also charge you a good amount for drawing up schematics. There are charts for transformer matching are on the web, that is fairly straight forward, the shops will usually tell you what you need. If we ever get together Tnekk, I'd like to pick your brain too!

Stan

Tina

Older and wiser now
LOVE the cartoon, Stan! Great mission Thundora has. :)

I had no idea you are so creative, with the sculpture, neon work, metal work, etc. That's wonderful. :)

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
LOVE the cartoon, Stan! Great mission Thundora has. :)

I had no idea you are so creative, with the sculpture, neon work, metal work, etc. That's wonderful. :)
Thanks Tina! You are quite the artist yourself to say the least. ... and you have your own personal model for sketching (and or whatever else... ;) )

Stan

UMBROBOYUM

Holy crap, I love your stuff! Those neon light thingys are great!

lol Captain-Comback, Nice .. Innuendo!

I like doris too.. heh I think i want to be a truck driver....

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Holy crap, I love your stuff! Those neon light thingys are great!

lol Captain-Comback, Nice .. Innuendo!
Thank you sir! I'm amazed how many artists there are here, Dimensions is a great place in so many ways. I really need to set aside the time to dedicate to art, I miss doing it.

I like doris too.. heh I think i want to be a truck driver....
Actually, we used to drive through Atomic City ID every once in a while when I was a kid, it was just west of Pocatello. There really was a reactor there... I think they changed the name of the town many years back.. bad for business suppose.

Stan

Tina

Older and wiser now
Thanks Tina! You are quite the artist yourself to say the least. ... and you have your own personal model for sketching (and or whatever else... ;) )

Stan
Yes, I do, and so does Eric. ;)

Thank you, Stan. I remember my father teaching me to draw when I was 8 years old or so. About a year before he passed away. It's one of my good memories of him. Even my pencil stroke and the way I approach an actual drawing, as opposed to digital, is his. I kind of like that.

Latest posts