• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Music and Emotions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraciJo67

When I was young, I thought that the world began and ended with music. My music. The stuff that I liked. Everything else was just noise :D I can remember how certain songs, played at a certain volume, would make me feel. I could literally transform my mood just by listening to some Pretenders or New Order or (I cringe at admitting this) ... Abba. Particularly, "Dancing Queen."

One song that particularly grabs me is Coldplay's "Fix You." I know what the song is about -- and have to admit, the social worker in me cringes at the notion of a soulful ballad about "fixing" someone else. It strikes me for a different reason. I associate it, for some reason, to my father's death. It's a love song about taking chances, f'chris'sake. Still. I think there is something to the bridge: "lights will guide you home ... and ignite your bones ... and I will try to fix you" ... almost religious? spiritial? ... in that. Something that I take to mean much more than some guy promising some girl that he'll wipe away her tears and fix whatever happens to be wrong with her.

I am wondering what experiences others have had with powerful ballads -- the meaning that you take from them, whether it's implied in the lyrics or not.

Latest posts

Back