No Christmas banner for you!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shosh

Susannah
srs bizness :rolleyes:

All the derailing stuff is not cute, and it is actually pretty tired, having been done a million times before.

Adults wish to have an adult conversation.

It is very arrogant to force that crap on others.

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
All the derailing stuff is not cute, and it is actually pretty tired, having been done a million times before.

Adults wish to have an adult conversation.

It is very arrogant to force that crap on others.

It's called lightening the mood and he's not the only one doing. it. If you're going to rail on someone why not castingpearls, she started it. Or me, I'm encouraging it.

Admiral_Snackbar

Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie
Is this really appropriate for the main forum? It seems pretty HP charged to me.

Ugg, please don't even suggest taking it to HP. :eek: The Under Bridge Residents there would like nothing better than to threadshit all over what has so far been a fairly balanced thread and turn it into 20 pages of worthless bandwidth-wasting hurr derp. A minimum of ad hominems and image macros are a pleasant change.

Realistically, the people who whine about Christmas are as irritating as the twits who waste court time and $$$ arguing over whether their child has to say "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance. Think of November/December as a huge elephant, and ten blind people are touching different parts, all of them partially correct.

Call it whatever term serves your purpose:

Christmas
Hanukkah
Kwanzaa
Eid
Saturnalia
Festivus
Winter Solstice
Yule Feast (Norse pre-Christian)
Winterval

In the end, you make it whatever you wish. Celebrate and spread good cheer however you wish. Consumers are gonna hate on Amazon or Wachovia or whomever all they want--you will never please all of the people all of the time. And Amazon being the retailer that it is is still going to see purchases from people who surface-bitch about their PC-ification as it is.

Then again, some of us have ad-blocker and a kick-ass HOSTS file up to block banner ads in the first place so I never see the big to-do about it anyway. Also, I don't base how I celebrate the season on the oversensitivity of how certain retailers choose to advertise their business.

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla
Another example of a female hating another female who has confidence in herself.

Shosh, If you think her comments are because you have confidence in yourself you are delusional.

She found your comments offensive (as did I.) Now, I wouldn't call you names, but come on.

Shosh

Susannah
Shosh, If you think her comments are because you have confidence in yourself you are delusional.

She found your comments offensive (as did I.) Now, I wouldn't call you names, but come on.

My comments were offensive? What nonsense.

It is tiresome when you are trying to have a legitimate discussion on a topic and people wish to derail it.

The names she called me, now those were offensive.

I am not delusional. This place is rife with women who have to bring other women down, who have a healthy self esteem. That is a fact.

I shall be adding several new people to my ignore list it seems.

luscious_lulu

Boobzilla

It is tiresome when you are trying to have a legitimate discussion on a topic and people wish to derail it.

I am not delusional. This place is rife with women who have to bring other women down, who have a healthy self esteem. That is a fact.

When you were giving your opinion, I had no issues. When you started the condescending comments I had an issue. Yes, telling someone the adults were trying to have a conversation was offensive.

I'm not defending the names she called you. I already said I wouldn't have called you names. I just don't think her comments have anything to do with your confidence level. I'm very confident and I don't see anyone hating on me.

I'm surprised you are going to put me on ignore. The first time I disagree with you, your response is to ignore me? I guess you are going to delete me on facebook as well.

Mathias

SAMCRO

Ok, I've been reading through this topic and I'm saying this as a friend to you: You were out of line. Period. Being confident doesn't give anyone an excuse for bad behavior. You're really tired of it? Then ignore it. Simple.

butch

cuddly, hairy, and fat
Mod here:

I've put a whole bunch of posts on moderation, and suggest you all cool it with the arguing about particular posters, or about the maturity level and attitude of certain posters. We'll figure out if any of those posts can be salvaged, but in the meantime, if people continue to argue these themes, they'll receive a festive infraction for their holiday celebrations.

-Butch
Main Board Co-Mod

Green Eyed Fairy

Veteran of a 1000 Psychic Wars
I wish i had read this before I ordered from Amazon. I won't be anymore.

If you dont want to offend anyone then have multiple options for all holidays.

If I know someone is not Christian I will not wish them Merry Christmas.I normally say Merry Christmas and see nothing wrong with it.People need to get over themselves!

I say Merry Christmas to everyone unless I know specifically you're not Christian. Even then I still may wish you a Merry Christmas because why shouldn't your December 25th be shiny and happy? I don't get offended when my Indian friends send me "Happy Duali Day" emails nor when my Jewis friends wish me a Happy Yom Kippur. It just means have a happy October 11th or whichever day each holiday falls. I have no problem with Happy Holidays. I think it's a wonderful thing to say too but I just happen to like Merry Christmas better after December 15th and Hannukah is officially over. ( I know it doesnt always end on December 15th but whenever its over for that particular season)

I am suprised that Amazon doesn't offer a Merry Christmas banner. Even though it says Holiday its still in green and red. Why not just put the word "Christmas" on there? Or make the banner colors blue if Christmas is so offensive? It makes no sense to me. A couple of years ago, maybe 2 or 3 now, I noticed big retailers like Target and Walmart began selling "holiday" ornaments instead of Christmas ornaments. Thats the only time the word "holiday" reall bugged me. Why was it such a big deal to call them "Christmas Ornaments"? Obviously only those who celebrate Christmas would be purchasing them. I believe I wasn't the only one who was annoyed by this and in recent years I've noticed items have returned to their "Christmas" status.

Obvious, perhaps, but nevertheless untrue. When I lived in New York City, some of my Jewish neighbors put up "Hanukkah bushes." :)

haha tousche. I've never heard of a Hannukah bush but if theres a market for Hannukah ornanments I'm not opposed to calling them Hannukah ornaments, nor if I saw a nice one would I hesitate to buy it because it's called a Hannukah Ornament. Why can't we just call things what they are without worrying we're going to offend someone? Sometimes our society is so PC it drives me nuts.

Amazon, like almost all retailers, is making a giant bundle from Christmas sales and they are pushing Christmas gifts very, very hard. If they were so concerned about including everyone, they'd push equally hard for every other holiday in every other religion. They are not. Christmas sales is what everyone relies on to rake it in. But let's not say "Christmas," lest we offend someone. That is asinine. In addition, they can do whatever they want on their own site. But since they also rely on affiliates to get them even more sales, they should let those affiliates decide if they want to use a Christmas banner or not. That is not possible since Amazon does not have Christmas banners at all. I do not want for Amazon to make politically correct decisions for me.

Bfd guys. Srsly.

I had replies to all those posts above the last one. Kind of in agreement.....but was then going to launch into my story about the Jewish people I have worked for and how cool they all were about Christmas and other people's beliefs. (Kudos to them....I liked learning from them)

However, I think Saoirse just sums up how I most feel after making myself read the whole thread.

Oh and Merry Christmas to everyone ;) :D

gangstadawg

the wanderer

here in in the hood we call them haters but a hater doesnt have to be a woman. for some reason a large number of the hater population seems to be women.

Latest posts