ODFFA's Antics & Oddities Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
I'm sorry, but was this post supposed to be helpful in any way?
It's meant to turn it back on her mom - it's neither odd nor funny. By turning it back on her mom it highlights how inappropriate it is, and also intimates it might be her moms responsibility. (Thats the way i read it)

My hubby did that with his mom when she mocked hiw anxiety and she conceded his point

ODFFA

One thing I do feel guilty about is how often I post family drama-related things on Dims. Sometimes it's almost like a compulsion just to get it out, but I get how it could be tiresome. I'm more of a brooder than a "just get over it" type of person. I think either one of those can be taken to an unhealthy extreme. I'll keep trying to balance it out.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
We all need out outlets Odette - even if it's here on Dims.
Things we bottle up and brood over tend to fester, and make it even more difficult to handle.
From what I've read from you, you have clearly thought about and reflected on events and issues before you post - in contrast to some others where you can tell they just compulsively hammer their keyboard whenever something happens.
So all is fine with what you're doing. Kracht & geluk!

ODFFA

1533588794874 - Copy.jpg
1533589013917 - Copy.jpg
This was just too adorable to pass up. I have categorically convinced myself that she's FFA-cuddling the shit out of that puppy bed. She is my familiar after all, so I get to project all the meanings I want :p And I'm about ready to follow her example and get my snuggle on, too.

ODFFA

Undead

My cheeks were flushed with colour
I remembered how to feel
For a kind and fleeting moment
The world was blooming, vivid, real

Just as comfort settled in
A hope that brightness would abide
I felt a twist inside my gut
It was too late to run or hide

The Infection bode its time
Blurring what had just been bold
Eyes welled up as colours faded
Until the sun's rays left me cold

A familiar numbness nestled
In my still, cavernous chest
Grey skin drained of inspiration
Vision’s purpose laid to rest

My melodic voice now droning
I stretch my arms out to the void
I take one step and then another
Enduring what I once enjoyed

RegProtected.png

squeezablysoft

One thing I do feel guilty about is how often I post family drama-related things on Dims. Sometimes it's almost like a compulsion just to get it out, but I get how it could be tiresome. I'm more of a brooder than a "just get over it" type of person. I think either one of those can be taken to an unhealthy extreme. I'll keep trying to balance it out.

Hey, don't feel bad about that, we're all kind of a family here. Besides, I've got a mother who doesn't even believe depression is a real thing, let alone that I have it. And my therapist is out of the country for the next couple weeks so my she shed is liable to start turning distressingly venty (as opposed to venti lol).

Last edited:

ODFFA

Hey, don't feel bad about that, we're all kind of a family here. Besides, I've got a mother who doesn't even believe depression is a real thing, let alone that I have it. And my therapist is out of the country for the next couple weeks so my she shed is liable to start turning distressingly venty (as opposed to venti lol).
This post was just what I needed to wake up to. Thank you so, so much. I can totally relate. Feel free to get venty in my inbox as well if you ever need to.

My parents seem to finally be on the brink of getting a divorce, which ultimately is a good thing. I just know it's about to get real ugly and that I'll have to guard against getting stuck in the middle. Especially since my mom doesn't go in for therapy much either and the emotional support I give is rarely reciprocated.

Oh well. We'll get through it.

Latest posts

Group builder