• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Old Navy Pulling Plus Sized Clothing?!?!?!?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadeFA

--this is copy/pasted from the beautiful actress/model Mia Amber Davis' website (the big and beautiful woman who portrayed the sexy "Rhonda" in the movie Road Trip). I hope she does not mind --
**also, I did do a thread search and could not find this topic posted previously**

Hi,
I don't know if you're aware of this but beginning this summer plus sizes are being removed from Old Navy Stores nationwide. We will still be able to shop online at oldnavy.com but we'll no longer have the ability to touch, feel and try on the garments like their other consumers.

Today at the store on 18th street and 6th ave in NYC I was made aware of the plan and asked to speak with a manager. When I asked him why they were kicking us out of their stores the reason he gave was that corporate felt it was a poor business decision to incorporate plus sizes into their stores. I questioned how catering to the majority of the United States population was a poor business decision and he told me that I was not the first to ask.

He said the business wasn't going well in the plus sector and I gave him a list of possible reasons why including their fit and lack of plus marketing. I offered that they should make an effort to fix the problem and find out why they weren't doing well instead of banishing us to the internet.

Turns out that the person I spoke with is also a Customer Service Rep and he's in charge of feedback to the corporate offices. He encouraged me to get as many women as possible on board to overload Old Navy's website and telephone lines with complaints about this move in an effort to halt it.

Please, even if you don't wear clothes (plus sized or not) from Old Navy take a minute to take a stand for all of us. Please send and email to:

[email protected] or call 1-800-Old-Navy

We need to start standing up for ourselves letting retailers know that we deserve the same rights as our straight sized counterparts.

Unity In the Plus Community,

Mia

I think this is an outrage!

Latest posts

Back