oy, it's letters to people and things, part deuce!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Micara

Living and Learning
Dear D,

I really don't like having my every move on social media stalked, but thanks anyway.

Me

Shan34

https://www.facebook.com/shannon.ford.73,
This could be therapy.

Dear M,

I'm growing real tired of your words making me feel ugly. Of all the words you could chose to say to me....that's what you pick? I dunno if it's just a sickness or a sadness. Perhaps both.

Signed,
Don't know if I've got what's needed to hang in here.

spiritangel

AmandaClause
Dear 2015

You are My Year

I am determined it will be awesome and amazing even if just in little ways.

I am ready for changes both big and small, the kind that will make my world and my life richer and better

so bring it on 2015 let's get the party started

A very excited and curious

Me

LeoGibson

Happy
Dear Texas,

You know I love you, right? But seriously enough with this weather programming by Cybill shit!! Really, yesterday 82 and sunny and today 30 and sleet WTF? WTFF? This is the third time in a little over a month you've pulled this mess. We get it, you're wild and unpredictable. Enough already.

Your friend,

LG

ODFFA

To every single one of you Dimsfolk who has stuck by me this past year,

I... don't even know. Thank you hardly cuts it. You guys have seen me at my Eeyore-liest, my most unflattering. And 99.99999% of you have been so ridiculously patient and kind. Some of the very awesomest people I know are people I met here.

Thank you for being so gracious about everything and not giving up on me.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Dear Winter;

Just a quick note, to give a little personal feedback about this year. First of all, I know that last year you were a bit messed up because of that thing with Nina, and really weren’t feeling yourself. We are all glad that you are feeling more yourself this year, and we’re looking forward to having a good time with you.

But here is the thing: you’ve been coming on a bit strong this year. If you think back to other years, sometimes you show up sooner than others, usually you start with sprinkling a few snow kisses a couple of times first, sometimes you even do that, wink, and then leave us for a bit. This year you showed up and right away it was the sort of focused, prolonged, attention that can make it hard for us to walk or operate heavy machinery. I know, I know, sometimes you feel if a little bit is good, more is better. And sometimes that can be fine – we all remember and still talk about that year that you just kept showering us with attention until we could barely move, and it sure was a memorable year. But a bit of ramp up is nice, let’s us get back into the flow of things, you know?

And then there is the matter of timing. I hear that yesterday you blew Toronto until it couldn’t see, which can be pretty exciting, but less so during the afternoon rush hour. If you want to show us all you’ve got, how about doing it during the night, when we can lie back and enjoy it, and be a little recovered by morning?

And speaking of all you’ve got, normally in December it is mostly about showering us with the snow kisses. Oh, sure, you might be getting some hard cold just starting, letting us know what’s coming, but that is mostly in play, just a little prod to get us in the mood, to make sure we’re ready, then back to the gentle snow. And you give us a white Christmas and a promise of outdoor skating, and only then do things start getting a little more rough – but by then we’re ready for your big, hard, -30 degree weather.

Yesterday we saw -17C, and we were all like “Whoa, that came up all of a sudden, wasn’t quite ready for that. Good reminder that we’ll need to go get the protective gear out soon, and we need to relax and get ready for it. But this morning we woke up to you pounding us with -27. Dude, that is huge, and we weren’t ready, we so weren’t ready. This is why you get a bad reputation, no matter how many white Christmases and long outdoor skating seasons and beautiful ski days you deliver, the pain of days like today will linger, and will be what people remember. This is why you’re going to deliver a winter wonderland some day in February and wonder why everybody is staying inside instead of coming out to play. They’ll remember what you did today, and be all “That Winter is such a jerk! -27 with no real preparation, that hurts! I’m not trusting him again!

So no complaining if people jet off to have an affair with Summer. Summer can be fickle too, but Summer doesn’t deliver mornings like this one. That cold, that fast – that’s not cool, dude, not cool at all.

Rojodi

Dear Bees,

I know that we have not treated you well, with all the chemicals used to kill you and some that have caused your parasites to flourish. Could you please come back? I mean, with your numbers being down, flora has increased their pollen released, and it's causing such allergic reactions that many many have had to take time off from work.

Thank you and we do love you.

A-Choo

ODFFA

Dear friends from Dims,

I haven't messaged you in forever and you probably feel really hurt and neglected. You know who you are.

I don't know what to say, except that I'm sorry. Again. And I've said before that my silence has nothing to do with you in particular, though that must feel pretty hard to believe. When we chat, I feel like you expect positivity from me, and I don't know if I can give much of that. There is nothing but brokenness in me, and I don't know how to be a friend to anybody right now. I'm that person. I know what it's like to be around someone like me, and I'd rather spare us both the inevitable burnout.

I'm also tired of the shame of living with my parents again after returning from England. It's like I don't have the right to feel hurt or enraged, because what am I still doing living there then? Fighting depression, anxiety and disability in a country with a lack of job prospects & public transport, that's what. I am trying. May not look like it, but I'm trying my darnedest to be rid of these toxic people. But I don't think that answer satisfies anyone.

I don't know what more to say. I don't have it in me to small-talk it up with you right now. I truly am sorry.

AuntHen

Shout out to all the FL peeps!
I lived there a long time and have family there.
Stay safe and hoping all the best <3

AuntHen

CBS,

You are the craziest dude I have ever met (in the best of ways). I absolutely enjoy our friendship. However, you are also incredibly attractive. :rolleyes::p
I am trying to keep my heart guarded but your flirting is so cute and addictive haha :D

Me

AuntHen

Dear CBS,

Thanks for the long talk today. I understand and appreciate more of the person you are. The song that makes me think of you, is truly more about your inside now. You are absolutely gorgeous... inside and out.
You are such a special friend to me (and a fine looking one, those eyes haha :blush:) :happy:

Me

swamptoad

Dear washing machine at our apartments,

You did a great job spinning out the laundry last time ...so what give this time?

Sincerely, I sure hope I have enough quarters for the dryer.

ODFFA

Dear website that's sneakily putting up all those Emmerdale episodes for us mere non-British mortals,

Please, pleeeeease never ever get taken down.

Also... Dear Emmerdale,

You are killing it. I'm pretty sure you've ascended soap opera status at this point. Either way, I will never be ashamed of watching you.

All the feels,
Odie

Last edited:

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
Dear world, getting closure in things is truly a good thing. Being stuck in limbo, rethinking your every word and action is like the 5 th level of hell. If we are going to live in a digital world, customs, kindness and specific values need to be developed. New definition of catfish = imaginary boyfriend, just like when you were a kid and had an imaginary friend.

Latest posts