• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Personal Trainer Anxiety - A Poll

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I hit him with?

• Brick

• Crowbar

• Pie

Results are only viewable after voting.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
Ok so I'm angry. I'm not quite sure what would be considered a constructive way to channel this anger. It's quite possible I should just let it go too. I'm looking for some advice.

I've had multiple surgeries and injuries over the years. I've been walking with a cane all this time because I can't afford physical therapy. The doctors wanted me to go a minimum of 3 days a week and each appointment costs $25. I just don't have that kind of scratch so I blew it off hoping everything would work itself out. It's become clear though that I'm not doing myself any favors by just schlepping along and it's not getting better. It's getting worse and I'm developing new knots and kinks. So I found this very cheap gym that is in close proximity to my office that I can get to fairly easily given my disposition. My initial consultation was last Thursday.

I go all the way there and the consultant I was scheduled for left moments earlier. Apperently I was never put in the calendar. They try to get another trainer to take me on. After an intense exchange conducted in Spanish (is it me or was that kind of rude? Not to mention I understood every word) the bottom line was nobody was going to help me. Angry and frustrated I decided to march on in and see if I could figure out how to work the machines myself.

Like I said, I'm there to rehab my knees. I walk with a cane which I carried with me when I arrived at the place. I go to get on the leg press and while I'm on there Mr. Spanish Speaking Trainer -- who just prior looked at me with distain as he refused to take me -- came over and was commenting on my form, which I was grateful for at first. I asked him which machines would be good and he said, actually none of these machines are going to do you much good what you need to do is lose a lot of weight first. He then started trying to steer me towards one of the cardio machines.

Ok. I admit I'm not the brightest bead in the rosary but what the fuck is his problem? The man.. straight up LIED.. and tried to disuade me... from an exercise that has incredible benefits... for EVERYBODY... because he can't get over my fat. Once my icy stare wore off I explained my circumstances and he was like, ah it was good that you told me. Then he started to recommend other machines for me and I interrupted him saying oh no, I appreciate your help but I don't want to put you out or anything. He puttered along side me for a bit but then went on. He can fuck right off. :mad:

I'm still angry about this. Douchebags like him are what busted up my joints in the first place. AND... I'm supposed to go back tonight for another appointment with someone else. I know, I know. You're thinking 'get out now' 'why are you still giving them your money' but this gym is only 10 bucks a month and I can't afford physical therapy or a fancier place. This shitty gym is my best option and all I want is to be shown how to adjust the equipment to my size to use it safely. I *know* this will work. My worry is that whoever I get tonight is going to try to do a hard sell on stuff I don't need or use shaming tactics and false information like the other trainer did and provoke a confrontation. My question for the group is, when he starts in with that self-harming bullshit should I hit him with a brick, a crowbar or a pie?

Latest posts

Back