• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Pet Peeve About The Olympics

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyGirl74

Ok...I know there are several threads about the Olympics but this little rant didn't really fit into any of them so I'm starting my own thread. :D

First off, I want to say that I am enjoying the Olympics a great deal and despite the controversies I think the games have been very positive over all...

HOWEVER, it really bugs me that we (maybe its just the US, maybe not) are so focused on Gold. I mean according to the media coverage the women's gymnasts didn't win silver they lost gold. I think that's BS! Second in the WORLD is pretty damn good and our attitude should be one of happiness, gratitude, and congratulations instead of "Bummer they missed the gold because so-and-so was less than perfect." It's not just the gymnasts but all the sports. Michael Phelps is wonderful but there are 3 other guys on his relay team not to mention countless other male swimmers who are there to represent our country. They all have been asked more about Michael's medals, races, and efforts than they have about their own. Heck, if there is a race and the American is not favored to win they will hardly even mention him/her. It just seems to me that during an event all about sportsmanship our own media is the biggest sore loser of all. Winning is great but its not just about Gold. Dead last at the Olympics is still pretty damn good. It bugs me that we seem to have forgotten what it means to be an Olympian. Sure all the athletes are there to win...but having a gold medal around your neck isn't the only way to be a winner.

Latest posts

Back