Post an Old Music Video from "Back in the Day"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
I remember when this came out my first year of highschool. I had the album and played it endlessly 😁

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Heart and Soul - Huey Lewis and the News
Oh, the memories this triggers.
I hear ya. Listening to that gave me wicked chills. Literally.
I hated my high school years for a lot of reasons, but there are a lot of good memories, as well.
That was one of the songs in the soundtrack of that period in my life.
Anytime that I've posted a string of '80s music in this thread, some memory from back then triggered it.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Malcolm McLaren – Double Dutch
I'm pretty sure I'd never seen nor heard that before, but it is great! I'd had no idea that there is/was a performance jump rope scene!

Maybe one of you can help me find a video that I recall the visuals of, but not the song. It was getting heavy play in 1985 or early 1986 (at least where I was), and was shot in something like a bunkhouse that was slowly flooding, so that by the end the singer is pushing his face up into the air pocket at the top of the place. I thought at the time that it was a really well done video, but being a bit claustrophobic it certainly gave me mixed feelings. In my memory it was from The Cure "Close to Me", but looking through youtube apparently not! It would have been from the same era, which is maybe why I mixed them up?

Anyone remember that video, and know what song it was from?

And finally, I thought Nik Kershaw was pretty cool back in 1984, this song was on one of the first few LPs I ever bought, but the special effects in the music video seemed even cooler :p

Last edited:

Latest posts