Post Clothing You Have Sewn/Made

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracyarts

I finally finished my big fuzzy purple sweater tunic. I had completed all of the knitted pieces a while back, but procrastinated the assembly & finishing process.

I've got a second one I hope to assemble and finish over the weekend.

Tracy

supersizebbw

Who run the world..Girls!
Resurrecting this thread...some really beautiful clothing items made!

I recently bought a sewing machine and have started making some simple tops, skirts etc I hope to post soon. I seem to start alot of things and not finish, sigh!

Would love to get more ideas of plus size clothes I can make from this thread.

prplecat

I haven't sewed anything since last year's carpal and cubital tunnel surgery. *sob* There is a great blog that I read occasionally, though. The author is totally addicted to sewing, makes all her own clothes, and is plus-size. Not a SSBBW, but she sometimes shows her alterations process. That helps a LOT if you're not used to doing it.

http://sewingfantaticdiary.blogspot.com/

supersizebbw

@prplecat: thanks alot for the blog link, i really loved all the dresses she's made!

supersizebbw

Here is a sample picture of a top and circle skirt that I made, was really excited to try out the applique on the top.

*please excuse the poor picture quality and clutter in the background, will try take some better pics tomorrow :)*

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!
I just finished sew a Jumper for my wife. I used the Simplicity pattern 2155. Here is the picture of the dress from the Simplicity web page.

The largest size the pattern came in was a size 24W. I had to increase the size to a 30W/32W. Since my wife is 6' 2" I also had to increase the height of the jumper. Here are some pictures I took today of the finished dress.

you did a wonderful job! she looks great!

FionaForemost

Here is a sample picture of a top and circle skirt that I made, was really excited to try out the applique on the top.

*please excuse the poor picture quality and clutter in the background, will try take some better pics tomorrow :)*
They look great!! I sometimes sew but I end up getting so overwhelmed by all the possibilities that I end up not doing much other than admire others work and wonder if I could do it. heh. The top is very cute, good job with the applique and can't wait to see the other pics!

supersizebbw

Cute! .......
Thanks HottiMegan :)

They look great!! I sometimes sew but I end up getting so overwhelmed by all the possibilities that I end up not doing much other than admire others work and wonder if I could do it. heh. The top is very cute, good job with the applique and can't wait to see the other pics!
Thanks Fiona! I know what you mean, I end up reading and watching so many sewing tutorials that I keep getting confused what to make next, so i end up hardly making anything lol!

emma smith

you made a very beautiful dress. I know sewing the dress by our self take lots of efforts and time but at the end the reward is always amazing.

Tracyarts

I finally finished this skirt I started knitting a few years ago. I actually finished the body of it a while back, but just got around to stitching the back seam and adding the waistband.

The pattern is the Lanesplitter Skirt, it's available free online, just do a search or look on Ravelry. It's an advanced beginner pattern. You need to know how to knit, purl, increase, decrease, stitch up a seam, and pick up stitches along a finished edge.

The really good thing about it is you can make the skirt as long or short as you want, and any size you need it to be. And the pattern adjustments for sizing it are really simple and don't require any advanced pattern adjusting skills.

I used Lion brand Amazing yarn, it's a wool blend with long color changes that self-stripes, and I used 4 skeins each of two different colorways. Rainforest is the green and Olive medley is the tan color. And 3/4 of an additional skein of Olive Medley to make the waistband.

I'll definitely make another one, maybe with brighter colors this time.

Wow, that's a lovely skirt, Tracyarts! The color blending there is beautiful. It looks very soft and comfy too.

Tracyarts

Oh, freaking finally!

I finished my blue and brown crocheted duster cardigan that I started 2 years ago maybe?

I made it to go with jeans but it looks really good with this gray linen dress.

The pattern was only tricky in the back center medallion. The rest is just double crochet and chains.

Pattern is Drops Autumn Delight, modified some for details and sized up to 4/5x

20190222_152145.jpg
20190222_153257.jpg

Jay78

Oh, freaking finally!

I finished my blue and brown crocheted duster cardigan that I started 2 years ago maybe?

The pattern was only tricky in the back center medallion. The rest is just double crochet and chains.

View attachment 131916
View attachment 131917
Wow that’s beautiful

Aqw

DM Supporter
Oh, freaking finally!

View attachment 131916
View attachment 131917
Very nice

Latest posts