Post pics of yourself....LIVING

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ho Ho Tai

Blue Jay -

You may be familiar with the American-Swedish Institute (ASI) in Minneapolis, MN, USA but other Dimensions folks may not be. I'm including a link to a history portion of the ASI website: https://www.asimn.org/historic-turnblad-mansion Swan Turnblad was the successful publisher of a Swedish language newspaper in the days when the immigrant Swedes were largely grouped in an area referred to, rather disdainfully, as 'Snoose Boulevard' - for reasons I won't get into here.

Swan Turnblad built his mansion in the ritziest part of town - his way, in part, of thumbing his nose at his neighbors who looked down their noses at the Swedes. He later donated that residence which became ASI. My wife and I have been members there for many decades, though we don't get there all that often.

If you ever drop by this way, look it up. It's fun to wander through and has a rather nice restaurant in the building.

BlueJay

Blue Jay -

You may be familiar with the American-Swedish Institute (ASI) in Minneapolis, MN, USA but other Dimensions folks may not be. I'm including a link to a history portion of the ASI website: https://www.asimn.org/historic-turnblad-mansion Swan Turnblad was the successful publisher of a Swedish language newspaper in the days when the immigrant Swedes were largely grouped in an area referred to, rather disdainfully, as 'Snoose Boulevard' - for reasons I won't get into here.

Swan Turnblad built his mansion in the ritziest part of town - his way, in part, of thumbing his nose at his neighbors who looked down their noses at the Swedes. He later donated that residence which became ASI. My wife and I have been members there for many decades, though we don't get there all that often.

If you ever drop by this way, look it up. It's fun to wander through and has a rather nice restaurant in the building.
No, I was not familiar with the ASI, until now :) I will look it up! My grandfather had an uncle that moved to Minnesota, so I really want to visit there some time!

Latest posts