Post pics of yourself....LIVING

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HUGEisElegant

This is a bit of an odd shot, as I had to black out my friends' faces (out of respect for their privacy), but this is me in July of 2014 after I summited a 10,064 foot mountain just outside of L.A. We camped overnight above the tree line and I remember how weird and whimsical the evergreen trees grew in that area due to the elevation. We saw scorpions and black widow spiders on our way up and on the way back down the next day, we spotted a juvenile Southern Pacific rattlesnake, as well as a baby California Kingsnake, which was really cool. A few days later, we summited another peak near Kings Canyon National Park in southern California. It's been awhile now though. I was also set to hike all 2,190 miles of the Appalachian Trail in 2012, but sadly, I had to pull out at the last minute due to an unforeseen circumstance. I really want to get back to climbing and backpacking again though. I LOVE it.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 8.45.09 PM.jpg

Last edited:

DragonFly

Ahem Prema
Staff member
Global Moderator
DM Supporter
This is a bit of an odd shot, as I had to black out my friends' faces (out of respect for their privacy), but this is me in July of 2014 after I summited a 10,064 foot mountain just outside of L.A. We camped overnight above the tree line and I remember how weird and whimsical the evergreen trees grew in that area due to the elevation. We saw scorpions and black widow spiders on our way up and on the way back down the next day, we spotted a juvenile Southern Pacific rattlesnake, as well as a baby California Kingsnake, which was really cool. A few days later, we summited another peak near Kings Canyon National Park in southern California. It's been awhile now though. I was also set to hike all 2,190 miles of the Appalachian Trail in 2012, but sadly, I had to pull out at the last minute due to an unforeseen circumstance. I really want to get back to climbing and backpacking again though. I LOVE it.

View attachment 132789
Wow!!!! That is one long hike - and filled with things like snakes and spiders!!!

HUGEisElegant

Wow!!!! That is one long hike - and filled with things like snakes and spiders!!!
Yeah, it would have been. Although, there aren't too many black widows along the Appalachian Trail. But the Pennsylvania stretch in particular is known for its timber rattlesnakes though! :D Sorry to make your skin crawl! lol :oops:

Latest posts