• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Queen: Champions Of The World

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagimawr

IC I'm a huge fan of Freddy Mercury and only in the past couple of years did I fully realize how amazing his voice was. I haven't decided if I like this video, but it's very worthwhile, and has the gorgeous Montserrat Cabelle singing with him.

Wish I could rep you for this, Joy, (out of rep) it's wonderful. This performance makes sense when you look at Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Words cannot convey just how much I love Freddie and have since I my teens. I've long wondered just what he'd be doing were he still alive. This is my favorite Queen song.

Mine too! Amazing song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADh8Fs3YdU

Beautiful song. My favorite from them. Sometimes gets me all misty eyed.

I love that one too! I grew up loving all the standard hits of Queen, but this has to be my favorite song of Freddy's.

Tina, since you liked the other video, you'll probably like this one...I love it.

And, as a new*ish* Freddy fan, his death didn't really touch me much when it happened, and I couldn't remember how it came about. This explained a lot and was quite touching. I could go on and on...there's so much great Queen stuff on youtube.

I'd find "Bohemian Rhapsody" a lot easier to take if it made sense!

Great vocals by Freddie, and Brian May's guitar playing is at its heroic best...almost good enough to forgive the trash lyrics...but not quite. It's a shame to see such ability wasted on such banal material.

Might as well be saying "hey diddle-de-I, diddle-de-o, Fa-la-la..." :mad:

But then, I'm a real snob about songwriting (some say).

Edit: "Somebody To Love", on the other hand, while not up to Kristofferson levels of writing, makes sense, is tuneful, and leaves lots of room for the performers to do their own thing. :)

Methinks we need a Queen thread :D

one of my favorites: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=rNBWf54RvsI

and FT? Who the hell made the rule a song had to make any sense at all to be good?

oh, and have some fun with these vocal outtakes from Rhapsody (while I go off and find a Queen thread :p)
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=0nFFqIwnE3w
(check the MASSIVE vocal crack at 6:31!)

Wow! Another new one for me..thank you for posting that one, Wag! :D

I'm all for a Queen thread, too!

Let me welcome you Ladies and Gentlemen
I would like to say hello
Are you ready for some entertainment ?
Are you ready for a show ?
Gonna rock you gonna roll you
Get you dancing in the aisles
Jazz you, razzmatazz you
With a little bit of style
C'mon let me entertain you
"Let Me Entertain You", Jazz, 1978​

Queen are:
Freddie Mercury (vocals, piano, guitar)
Brian May (guitars, piano, vocals)
Deacon John (bass guitar)
Roger Meddows-Taylor (percussion, vocals)

Latest posts

Back