Quantcast

Question about Weight gain powder

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ssbwjedisweetheart

Hey Guys, I have a question. My BF had bought weight gain powder on Saturday and has been taking it twice a day (morning and night) along with eat and just being lazy. This morning he weighed himself and the scale said he had gained a pound a day. Now I know there is something about taking a higher cal. count to gain a pound but, the weight powder that my BF has is only 350cal. So my question is could he have gain a pound a day and be that fast of a gainer or is it the scale?

Thanks.

Totmacher

Gaining a pound a day is possible. Gaining a pound of fat a day is almost unheard of. A pound of fat is worth about 3,500 (additional) calories. You have to eat significantly more than that to gain it, though due to inefficiencies in the digestive process and metabolism in general. Now it's possible your boy is sucking down more than ten servings of his powder a day on top of what he usually eats and converting it to fat, but it's much more likely he's just retaining water or something's up with that scale.

MattB

Epicurean
I was just about to post basically the same thing about the scale and/or water...Check the sodium content in his powder. At 350 cals per serving, it sounds like not too heavy a weight gainer. Sounds more like a meal replacement powder...either way, it's extra calories but not enough for a gain like that...

WALKER44

Back in the old days (before steriods) the only available was weight gaining powder from the old York Barbell company. I was in high school and me and my weightlifting buddy ordered this stuff and consumed it all day long. We did gain weight on it but we were also eating every that wasn't tried down so I don't know if it was the powder or not. One thing I do know is the stuff really makes you fart. I mean really big farts. Once I farted in the back of the school bus and the other kids were jumping over the back of the seat to get away from the horrible smell. Another time I had to fart in class so I leaned foward and let it out. The gas went under the desk of the poor girl sitting behind me. I'll never forget the scream she let out when the fart hit her full force. Me and buddy couldn"t figure out what was happening to us. I though I had cancer or something. My mother was going to take me to the doctors. Finally me and my buddy figured out it was the weight gain stuff, we stopped taking it and the gas stopped. This is a true story. I do know that when you gain weight you gain about 50% fat and 50% muscle. If you are lifting heavy weights it about 60% muscle and 40 fat. This muscle gain is why a 5foot tall women can move around weighting 500 lbs. She has massive amount of muscle. You need to gain the muscle to carry the fat it is that simple.

Rasputin

I'm just here.
Back in the old days (before steriods) the only available was weight gaining powder from the old York Barbell company. I was in high school and me and my weightlifting buddy ordered this stuff and consumed it all day long. We did gain weight on it but we were also eating every that wasn't tried down so I don't know if it was the powder or not. One thing I do know is the stuff really makes you fart. I mean really big farts. Once I farted in the back of the school bus and the other kids were jumping over the back of the seat to get away from the horrible smell. Another time I had to fart in class so I leaned foward and let it out. The gas went under the desk of the poor girl sitting behind me. I'll never forget the scream she let out when the fart hit her full force. Me and buddy couldn"t figure out what was happening to us. I though I had cancer or something. My mother was going to take me to the doctors. Finally me and my buddy figured out it was the weight gain stuff, we stopped taking it and the gas stopped. This is a true story. I do know that when you gain weight you gain about 50% fat and 50% muscle. If you are lifting heavy weights it about 60% muscle and 40 fat. This muscle gain is why a 5foot tall women can move around weighting 500 lbs. She has massive amount of muscle. You need to gain the muscle to carry the fat it is that simple.
My day was made.