• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Question for the gradual gainers

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravens-son

Hello all,

I've been somewhat of a lurker at this site, usually coming just for the Library forum, but I now have a question for the Dimensions Hive Mind.

I've very recently come to the point where I have not only accepted that I will always be at least my current size (noticeably chubby) if not larger due to genetics and my eating habits, but I've also accepted that my long-time fantasy of being much larger can become a reality if I want it. I love stuffing myself, I love eating to fullness at every opportunity. What's to stop me?

So I'm now in the mindset that I will become fat. I will make it so!

But there are potential problems with this plan, which I've detailed in a Tumblr post here if you're interested. One of them is that I'm nervous about how my co-workers, friends, and family will react to me gaining weight, which I plan/expect to happen fairly slowly (30 pounds by the end of the year is my goal right now).

Old problem, I know, which is why I'm hoping some of you have stories to share and advice to give about people who have known you for a while suddenly noticing that you've gained some weight over the past few months. Do they say anything? How often are they rude or "helpful" (I know a diet my cousin swears by)? How often do they just say "Oh, how about that"?

Also, in my case I have ready-made "excuses" at my disposal: I'm 30 years old and both sides of my family (including both parents) include very fat people. If I wanted to I could brush off a lot of the comments with "You should see my dad! It's actually surprising I'm not even fatter than I already am."

Oh, and I should mention that I am extremely introverted. I won't really be able to be confrontational as a SOP. I'm more interested in deflecting any judgement or criticism, rather than striking back at it.

Latest posts

Back