Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by ScreamingChicken, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Jun 1, 2014 #2401

spiritangel

spiritangel

spiritangel

AmandaClause

IC I am so excited that sometime In the next couple of days I will have a small stash of reeces pieces

2. Jun 1, 2014 #2402

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man

I bought a product called "Critter Ridder', that's supposed to keep problem animals from invading parts of my yard and laying land mines. The container had the usual "must use gloves" and had all sorts of poison control and first aid solutions if it gets in your eye, etc. It was a grandular product and reminded me of BBQ as I sprinkled around the yard.
    It wasn't until I had a empty bottle that I looked at the active ingredients: Black pepper and capsaicin. I can see how it might get rid of certain critters, but I'm concerned that it may attract French Cajuns and creoles.

spiritangel likes this.
  3. Jun 7, 2014 #2403

bayone

bayone

bayone

Years ago I used some of that "Lakota" rub on a sore knee. Woke during the night feeling like my knee was sunburnt. There were no helpful suggestions on the label, or on the internet. Then I checked the ingredients list and read "capsaicin." Rinsed my knee with milk; problem solved. I won at chemistry that time.

4. Jun 8, 2014 #2404

HottiMegan

HottiMegan

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek! In Remembrance

I got all the ingredients to make yummy cheesy lasagna for our anniversary dinner but now i'm too worn out to fuss.. I think we'll have tostadas and go swimming instead.

5. Jun 8, 2014 #2405

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man

I have two front yards, one to the northeast and the other facing south. The southern yard is the control yard and didn't get treated. The northern yard is more secluded and it got the entire container. Its been a week and no landmines in the north yard, and one in the south.

No Cajuns or Creoles reported. ;)

6. Jun 8, 2014 #2406

MattB

MattB

MattB

Epicurean

First, it was dairy, now I am saying goodbye to Nutella as well. This SUCKS, but I'm confident I'm now allergic to it. (!!) What a cruel year for food this has been.

7. Jun 8, 2014 #2407

fat9276

fat9276

fat9276

I'm sooooo ravenously hungry right now. I think we are having pasta for dinner. I smell yummy things coming from the kitchen. Must eat. :bounce:

8. Jun 9, 2014 #2408

BigBeautifulMe

BigBeautifulMe

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.

I had my first-ever meat pie with mashed potatoes, mushy peas and gravy on top. I had no idea this was missing from my life. I am in love. :smitten:

9. Jun 9, 2014 #2409

ScreamingChicken

ScreamingChicken

ScreamingChicken

One of 50,298

I can't believe I am saying this but I think I have lost my edge in the kitchen. My most recent experiment was horrible and left a bad taste in my mouth, literally and figuratively.

10. Jun 10, 2014 #2410

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man

Foodists can make mistakes. Its how we all learn that just because we can picture something in our head, or read about it in a cookbook, doesn't mean it will turn out.

I keep trying to become a master at my own homemade pizza crust, because at the present.. I suck. :doh:

11. Jun 12, 2014 #2411

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

if you figure it out let me know...mine keeps coming out rubbery or like cardboard. :(

ic the next few months are gonna suck. my hubs cholesterol came back high and i have to cut back his red meat/fats. as i don't want to have to cook 2 sets of meals every night...that means i am along for the ride. i will miss you hamburger. :(

12. Jun 12, 2014 #2412

spiritangel

spiritangel

spiritangel

AmandaClause

I am not a fan of the mushy peas but meat pies are the bomb

add to your must try list a chicko roll :) its an old 50's staple you get them anywhere that sells fried food and hamburgers like milk bars and take away shops
    and a lamington with Jam and cream if you can a full on bakery (not the Vietnamese kind) or if you get to go to a school fete also toffees :)

IC Everytime I watch A very potter musical or its sequel It makes me want to try Red vines more than ever

13. Jun 12, 2014 #2413

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

ic today i ate an entire hershey dark choc bar smothered in crunchy pb. delish!

sated my choc craving for now...

14. Jun 12, 2014 #2414

Mishty

Mishty

Mishty

aluminum petunia

My new thing to cook is quiche,and I must say I make a mean one!
    But today the parmesan wasn't properly closed and I shook it hard enough to cover the island and the floor.... I confess I just put the quiche in the over,gathered the dogs and left the mess for later.... :batting:

15. Jun 14, 2014 #2415

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man

I want to buy a smoker.

16. Jun 16, 2014 #2416

loopytheone

loopytheone

loopytheone

Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

I confess that although I really like all the healthy food and fruits and vegetables I eat every day, a growing part of me just wants to surround myself with junk food and just eat it is all and revel in all of the strong flavours and rich textures! :wubu:

Also, being a dairy intolerant vegetarian sucks.

17. Jun 20, 2014 #2417

MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty

I have asked Santa for one!

18. Jun 21, 2014 #2418

Rojodi

Rojodi

Rojodi

1. While on vacation in Virginia Beach, I had my first deep fried hot dog. The boy, who HATES hot dogs, said they smelled good. They tasted great.

2. Five Guys screwed up my hot dog this afternoon, had ketchup on my dog. Normally, I'm mustard, relish, and onions on them, but I have to admit, it tasted good without the onions and with the ketchup mixed in with the sweet relish

19. Jun 22, 2014 #2419

spiritangel

spiritangel

spiritangel

AmandaClause

IC My reeces pieces addiction is still going strong and will be fuelled by a purchase of some pastel easter egg ones off Grocery Run, I also bought pop tarts cause I miss being able to do that at the supermarket and found my toaster the other day

(its new I just forgot where it was to open it and put it to use)

20. Jun 24, 2014 #2420

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

i am not sure if you have a decent craigslist free section or a freecycle group in your area. you may want to keep an eye out...i see grills and smokers on there alot. i got a free grill from a very nice family in charlotte who had upgraded their grill. the gas jet thing from their old grill had worn out. i prefer charcoal over gas any day...so i took out the broken part and wired in a piece of old metal cooling rack i had. now i can use it for charcoal. :) and it was free!