Random FOODEE Thoughts and Confessions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Cors

Delurking
Oh that is awesome Mishty! Do you actually eat those together?

Nutella + fresh banana is one of my favourite sandwich combos!

Mishty

aluminum petunia
Oh that is awesome Mishty! Do you actually eat those together?

Nutella + fresh banana is one of my favourite sandwich combos!
Yes! It's kind of like chips and dip, dessert style!
The banana chips I prefer are fried in coconut oil till super crunchy, and when a little(or a lot) of Nutella is added it's....heaven in your mouth. :eat2:

I like banana and Nutella on toast, with a few slivered almonds for crunch.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Coconut, banana chips (do they call them plantanos by you too, Mishty?) and Nutella <runs out to store>

Mishty

aluminum petunia
Coconut, banana chips (do they call them plantanos by you too, Mishty?) and Nutella <runs out to store>
We have this trail mix at a local organic/Hippie store, it's banana chips, fried coconut slivers and some kind of weird tiny super sweet crunchy balls made with rice flour and coconut milk, now that stuff with Nutella is a meal.

I have had plantanos before, at a Cinco de Mayo party, I think they have a sweeter taste than regular banana chips, but I can't find them in any of my Mexican or Latino markets.

Mishty

aluminum petunia
Drumsticks Lil Drums variety boxes,
Box 1:
Caramel "Creamy caramel with a smooth, golden caramel swirl topped with crunchy graham cracker bits—all in a crispy, chocolatey-lined sugar cone with a chocolatey surprise."

S'mores "Creamy marshmallow with a rich chocolatey swirl topped with crunchy graham cracker bits—all in a crispy, chocolatey-lined sugar cone with a chocolatey surprise"

Vanilla with Chocolatey Swirls "Vanilla with Chocolatey Swirls
Creamy vanilla with a rich chocolatey swirl topped with a sprinkling of peanuts—all in a crispy, chocolatey-lined sugar cone with a chocolatey surprise."

The second box has Cookie Dough,Double Fudge Brownie and Chocolate with Chocolatey swirl....

IC I feel no guilt at eating one of each of these lil tiny cones, and the seal on box #2 is about to get broken....

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
Drumsticks Lil Drums variety boxes,
Box 1:
Caramel "Creamy caramel with a smooth, golden caramel swirl topped with crunchy graham cracker bits—all in a crispy, chocolatey-lined sugar cone with a chocolatey surprise."

S'mores "Creamy marshmallow with a rich chocolatey swirl topped with crunchy graham cracker bits—all in a crispy, chocolatey-lined sugar cone with a chocolatey surprise"

Vanilla with Chocolatey Swirls "Vanilla with Chocolatey Swirls
Creamy vanilla with a rich chocolatey swirl topped with a sprinkling of peanuts—all in a crispy, chocolatey-lined sugar cone with a chocolatey surprise."

The second box has Cookie Dough,Double Fudge Brownie and Chocolate with Chocolatey swirl....

IC I feel no guilt at eating one of each of these lil tiny cones, and the seal on box #2 is about to get broken....
I saw those while grocery shopping on Monday. I really wanted to try them! But the hubs and I are trying to eat healthier :(

IC that i have readdicted myself to caffeine. I am slow and VERY tired when i don't have some. I hate being addicted. I might have to detox from it next week.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I have a soda pop addiction, for which caffeine does not help matters. I tried detoxifying recently, and bought only caffeine-free diet coke (why not drink water? what? why?).

Then I found this mystery soda pop for half (or more) the cost for CFDC at Wally's World: Diet Sun Drop. A bit weak, but still bubbily. I found it addicting.

Duh. It has more caffeine than Diet Coke or Diet Dew. :p :( :mad: :doh:

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
A freakin Star Wars lego toy is making me jones for fried calamari with spicy marinara sauce on the side. Long story.

There's always tomorrow.

QuasimodoQT

Shy viking
I have a soda pop addiction, for which caffeine does not help matters. I tried detoxifying recently, and bought only caffeine-free diet coke (why not drink water? what? why?).

Then I found this mystery soda pop for half (or more) the cost for CFDC at Wally's World: Diet Sun Drop. A bit weak, but still bubbily. I found it addicting.

Duh. It has more caffeine than Diet Coke or Diet Dew. :p :( :mad: :doh:

I have recently moved back to my home state, OR, where they have Shasta. To my delight (as I share that addiction), they are much cheaper than the big 2 brands, they are extremely low in sodium, they have several varieties (grapefruit, cream soda, cola, raspberry, 5 or 6 more, I think), and they even taste good! So the soda addiction is still going strong.

The only things that takes a bite out my soda consumption are Crystal Light in peach tea flavor, which I find amazingly good- I serve it to guests, and they always think it's "real" and ask me how I made it... and keeping a water bottle right next to me at all times, so when I run out of whatever else I'm drinking, it's good for at least a few swigs.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
...Speaking of Oregon... :)

When I was there this last week I discovered Thomas Kemper root beer! I am in love! Now I have to figure out how to procure some in Virginia... :)

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
Don't you just hate it when it is so hot that you don't want to cook/bake, but you really want cake/casseroles and such! Oh to be rich so I can afford the extra electricity to cool the house while using an oven. Sigh!

shinyapple

crunchy in milk
On a whim today, I decided to make an attempt at baking homemade bread. I feel a bit like I cheated since we have a big KitchenAid mixer with a dough hook that makes it really quick to throw together. I wasn't sure at first how it would turn out, but squealed happily when it rose the first time and then rose again in the pans.

Baked right up beautifully with golden brown tops and a tender, soft interior. I could so do this again tomorrow. I'm ridiculously proud of myself for such a basic thing and even my bread baking granny declared it delicious. Yay!

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
How did you like the quinoa? I discovered it a few months ago when I was in San Francisco. Love the stuff!

I'm craving a chicken parma with a good Aussie beer :eat2:
I liked it. It was a lot milder than I expected but I jazzed it up a bit with some roasted garlic and a shake of hot sauce. I will be making it again for sure.

dynezt

I liked it. It was a lot milder than I expected but I jazzed it up a bit with some roasted garlic and a shake of hot sauce. I will be making it again for sure.
Roasted garlic, nice idea!
I just put beans, sweet corn and some sort of meat like chicken or steak.
A guy I used to work with made his look so yum, with seaweed and other stuff I couldn't figure out

Latest posts