Ridiculous!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChubbyBubbles

Luke's Mommy
As of today, I am removing myself as a member of the Dimensions community. I understand all the rules of what can be talked about and what can not be talked about in reference to weight loss and diets. However, I don't understand how some people can talk about there journey to weight loss success and others can not. I was a supersized person my whole and have always found comfort in being part of a community that supported me. But lately I feel many of those supports have turned their backs on me because of my recent weight loss. My posts are being deleted just at the mere mention of weight loss. I am not here to brag about my accomplishments, but to offer hope and support for those who need it. This weight loss journey I have chosen to take is who I am now. Even though I may look different, thinner, etc., I am still a fat girl on the inside. I will always be a fat girl no matter how thin I get. However, I am very proud of my accomplishments. I would hope that someone who lose's weight for health reasons and for longer longevity would be commended, not shunned. It's sad to be rejected for losing weight. For my close friends on here, you know we'll keep in touch on other networks.

LoveBHMS

default title
Crystal I'm so sorry.

Typically these "good bye" threads are met with suspicion and it's assumed people want to be begged to stay. In this case, I think people WILL be begging you to stay because it's clear you have many friends here.

If anyone is mean to you, they should be chastised, you should not be the one to leave. You have done what is best for your body and your health and your life and it is your choice and yours alone. Not one other person gets a vote.

I think it's clear the time has come for an open dialogue on this issue. I hope you will stay around for it and offer ideas and solutions. While I understand and respect the site's mission and philosophies, it truly seems that some changes may be beneficial.

If you want to leave it's your right. But so many people are coming to a real boil over this issue and i think it would be nice if you added your strength and your voice towards helping to work towards a solution.

KHayes666

Go away
As of today, I am removing myself as a member of the Dimensions community. I understand all the rules of what can be talked about and what can not be talked about in reference to weight loss and diets. However, I don't understand how some people can talk about there journey to weight loss success and others can not. I was a supersized person my whole and have always found comfort in being part of a community that supported me. But lately I feel many of those supports have turned their backs on me because of my recent weight loss. My posts are being deleted just at the mere mention of weight loss. I am not here to brag about my accomplishments, but to offer hope and support for those who need it. This weight loss journey I have chosen to take is who I am now. Even though I may look different, thinner, etc., I am still a fat girl on the inside. I will always be a fat girl no matter how thin I get. However, I am very proud of my accomplishments. I would hope that someone who lose's weight for health reasons and for longer longevity would be commended, not shunned. It's sad to be rejected for losing weight. For my close friends on here, you know we'll keep in touch on other networks.
By saying you want to be healthier, thinner and want to live longer...you go against the reason why the website was created. It was designed for people to feel GOOD about themselves being fat and to show that you don't have to lose weight to be healthy and happy. One example is one of my best friends is a very healthy ssbbw and her only woes come from age, not size.

I'm not saying you were bragging, god no. Its the fact that you are saying how happy you are for losing weight in a forum where fat is supposed to be a good thing and can be accepted.

Personally I wouldn't shun you for losing weight, still the same person inside, however talking about weight loss on a board designed to give people hope that fat isn't a bad thing...goes against the grind so to speak. Some people aren't as forgiving as I am apparently.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Dims does not allow copious weight loss talk. That's how it is. Do I agree with it? Honestly not really, but I wouldn't become enraged and surprised if I talked about dieting and it got deleted.

TraciJo67

By saying you want to be healthier, thinner and want to live longer...you go against the reason why the website was created
I think we've stumbled upon the new Dims banner! :D

Some people aren't as forgiving as I am apparently.
That's really big of you, Kevin. Thank you! :bow:

And ChubbyBubbles ... while I understand your decision for leaving, I wish that you'd reconsider.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
One example is one of my best friends is a very healthy ssbbw and her only woes come from age, not size.
Grey hair? Lines and wrinkles? I am not saying those are bad things, just wondering what it is your friend is experiencing, only because of age.

ChubbyBubbles...there is some inconsistency...no doubt. I think because of that, people feel like they are walking in a minefield.

Shosh

Susannah
Hi Christal,

I am so proud of what you have acheived. I am sure given your medical condition that losing the weight has given you some relief.

I will always be there for you on Facebook, and pm me for my email.

xo

Susannah

Tina

Older and wiser now
Christal, I know what you are referring to, and the rules were laid out very explicitly in that thread. Had you read them before posting, as well as other posts I had written talking about what is and is not allowed in that thread, there wouldn't be this drama. You want to make Dimensions something it never had been and never will be -- which is a place where one can discuss diets and weight loss in a protected forum. That thread was specifically to discuss eating disorders and groups for them, etc, NOT weight loss. I'm sorry that you cannot accept that. If you feel you must leave for that reason, I find it curious, as you've known these rules ever since you started posting here, and they were in place long before that day.

Wagimawr

By saying you want to be healthier, thinner and want to live longer...you go against the reason why the website was created. It was designed for people to feel GOOD about themselves being fat and to show that you don't have to lose weight to be healthy and happy.
You want to rephrase that, there, champ?

Clearly Dimensions is designed for people that want to be sicker, fatter, and live significantly shortened lifespans.

Just how many trolls have wandered in here saying JUST THAT?

check yo'self before yo' wreck yo'self, etc...

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
OKAY, lmao, as funny as that line was I don't think he really meant it that way guys.. play nice.

Wagimawr

Of course, that's why I didn't feel like just slapping it up in my status without giving him a chance to be less wrong.

collared Princess

Chubby Bubbles..Im sure you can find thousands of weight loss groups on the net that will help you with your confidance and to keep you at your goal weight..This really maynot be the best outlit for you right now..but we are here if you find your struggle to be to much to bear..we are here..

Sandie S-R

Because Dimensions is a "diet and weightloss talk-free zone", this thread is being closed.

/Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts