• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

She's Too Fat To Work Here!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
She's too fat to work here! What floored me when I heard this was the words came from my bedridden mom. I was trying to hire a replacement sitter to be part of mom's 24 hr healthcare team.

Due to personal health issues, I hired the woman (call her "T") over the phone. "T" was very friendly and had excellent references in taking care of homebound elderly patients. I liked her on the first phone conversation. She told me she had bad knees and she was overweight, but so are most of the people in my world - self, hubby, brothers, my deceased father, and mom herself.

Mom listed some other complaints & my answer.
1. "T" is a 5XL! (Mother - I am a 5 or 6 XL!)
2. "T" will break my chairs! (My fat brother has broken mom's chairs!)
3. She won't fit in my car! (Mom's car is huge and all fat family members can drive it.) Besides, mom has become totally bedridden and may never get in her car again.
4. She can't handle the work! (She had been hired to work the night shift and there was very little work involved.

To summarize how this strange argument ended, mom agreed to let the "T" work on a 2 week trial basis. I told mom the points she had against "T" were direct reflections of me and other of her family members. Would be she want someone doing that to me?

What she was saying was cruel and just prejudice. (She has been doing this all her life, but mostly directed at me.) Over 60+ years, I have learned how to deal with mom's venom and developed an immunity of sorts. I am posting this here because I know others at DIMS face the same parental pressures and to let you know you are not alone. I also stand firm in I am right and mom is dead wrong in her prejudice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason I hired "T" over the phone was I had hand surgery last week. A tumor had developed on my right wrist and it was removed leaving me nursing a large heavy bandage and directions to keep it elevated. When I walk with my cane (required from my MS), the other hand is temporarily useless. If that wasn't enough challenges for the fates to throw at me, a couple of days later I was bitten by a brown recluse spider on my hip. So I am nursing that injury as well. The hand bandage comes off next week and I am on a "Kill all Spiders" vendetta.

And my main tormentor during this time is I had to get a new computer and it runs on Windows 8.1 - this new software is making my mind melt and I and now afraid to turn on the computer.

Latest posts

Back