• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Some advice needed...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoner

Hugaholic
Well, where should I start... I'll try for the beginning.

The person I have been dating for the last months has moved to Germany. We met last year when she was spending some vacation in Portugal. She has some family here, so she ended up staying for a couple of months, before leaving to Germany again. Before leaving, she was kind enough to give me the opportunity to go with her, but at the time I couldn't abandon my work, not to mention that I didn't speak a word of German (still don't, aside from a couple things she taught me since). Nonetheless, I still regret that decision.

Since then we've been seeing each other only from time to time, like when she comes on summer and Christmas vacation. Like this, we're lucky if we can spend 4 weeks together, in a whole year. I know I had my opportunity and that I wasn't smart enough to take it, and I know I shouldn't be complaining because she's always the one coming to visit, but it's still too hard to deal with this situation. My job allows me to take a license for up to 3 years, so i was actually considering learning some German, and eventually venture myself into a trial relocation...

So I'd like to know from anyone who has been in a similar situation, and who has relocated in a different country, with a completely different language, how did it work out? Was it difficult to adjust to a new society, to find a new job, to start a whole new life?

Latest posts

Back