• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Spin off from debate thread- Double Standards in media politics

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KittyKitten

Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy
This is a spin off from the presidential debate threads. According to some, wait, MANY on the far right, Romney was da man when he took on President Obama. According to them, he was very confident and looked powerful, while, the President looked 'meek' and 'passive', although Obama was clearly stating facts, provided substance, but not in a flashy manner. Meh, it didn't matter that Romney was full of lies, it's just that he looked 'confident'.

Now these same people are crying that Biden was 'too mean', 'too loud', 'bullying' their precious Ryan because he was catching him on his lies. Why? He dared to question Ryan and Romney's views of half the country, based on their 30% and 47% 'moochers' comments respectively, he questioned their fuzzy math, he addressed Ryan for his two stimulus fund requests when Ryan was opposed to the federal stimulus, he exposed Romney's "Let Detroit go Bankrupt" statement, he exposed the Romney campaign's terrible foreign policy solutions and their warhawk agenda, and he exposed the Romney campaign's views of birth control and abortion among other things and what that means for the future of Roe vs. Wade since there will more than likely be several new Supreme Court appointees in the next four years. He notably mentioned that he is Catholic and pro-life but would not impose his views on others unlike Ryan. He touted the president's job recovery plan and refuted the accusations by Ryan that the president is not working across the aisle when it was the House Republicans who kept FILIBUSTERING every progress being made and creating obstruction. He topped the icing on the cake by stating, "I never say anything that I don't mean", unlike Romney, who changes positions based on the audience or how he sees fit. However, some in the media wish to call it a 'draw' yet President Obama lost 'badly'?

Many complained that Biden kept interrupting but had no qualms about Romney interrupting the moderator and the president during the first debates. Oh, it was also mentioned that Ryan was looking 'presidential' and had good 'composure', the same behavior they dismissed as 'passive' when the President was debating. :rolleyes: Hannity, for crying out loud, was whining that Biden was being too mean. SEAN HANNITY? OF ALL PEOPLE!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/fox-news-biden-debate_n_1960141.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012
http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/10/12/fox-news-hosts-on-biden-debate-performance-mayb/190575

It is this type of hypocrisy that I find nauseating. But you know, I don't fault some in the far right. No matter what happens, they always stand by their guy. I direct some of the blame to many on the left like, Chris Matthews and Ed Schultz, for publicly lamenting the President's performance in the last debate. These guys totally freaked out. This lamenting from some on the far left is one of the reasons the media set the narrative of the President being passive in the first debate and making it look worse than what it appeared to be although the media seems to want a horse race between the two candidates.

Latest posts

Back