Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Board Announcements and Technical Support' started by UserNameName, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Apr 8, 2018 #21

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

Running the boards and keeping things going is a job. Moderating is a job too..... Moderaters burn out and leave all the time. Why wouldn’t pursuing other things in life be understandable. Instead of being on call 24/7 to make sure the servers were up or if things went crazy. Not having to deal with that would be a nice change if you had kept things running for many years. If you are talking philosophically and in terms of some sort of activism you missed my point.

2. Apr 9, 2018 #22

TwoSwords

TwoSwords

TwoSwords

I think I may have missed your point. When you said "Being part of the FA/ bbw world as a business person," I interpreted that to mean "interacting with the world of FAs and BBWs, while also being a person who is very involved in business (a business person.)" However, interaction of this sort could be anything; even just sharing experiences. If you meant specifically being part of it in a business context, then yes, I missed your point.

3. Apr 9, 2018 #23

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

No problem!!!!! Retiring from running the boards is a good thing!

4. Apr 9, 2018 #24

ravfa

ravfa

ravfa

Yes, I do understand all that. Nothing lasts forever. It's nostalgic on my part. And of course, I understand that after doing it for decades, and putting his own money into it, the webmaster/former publisher could have been tired of it, suffering from burnout, or just in a different place in his life and ready to move on. I can't blame him for his decisions.

None of which stops me from being a bit sad and missing something that was important to my life.

5. May 1, 2018 #25

mp7251

mp7251

mp7251

burned all my old Dimensions and Buf material this past weekend

6. Jun 11, 2018 #26

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

I lost my cherished collection of Dimensions, BBW, Buf and Plumpers and Big Women magazines in a move some time ago. BBW is how I found Dimensions, and Dimensions led me to the others and the "scene". In the pre-internet days, it was a process to peel the onion back in order to find what I was looking for. Grateful for all the people and publications that led me to the lifestyle, but it sure took a lot longer (5 + years) than just googling it like the kids can today!

7. Jul 7, 2018 #27

weetabix

weetabix

weetabix

Bigger Alweighs Better

It's actually quite a difficult business. There is enough interest to justify the effort to create a magazine but the percentage of people who will pay does not equal enough people to make it a business.

A good business plan would be to have the women who post photos to have free accounts with a free section and a paid subscribers section. The fees would be split between the magazine and the women. I say women because that's how these things usually work. Women won't pay to see men. The free section would be limited and the pay section unlimited.

John Smith likes this.
  8. Jul 10, 2018 #28

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

I figure out now.

9. Nov 17, 2018 #29

Joker

Joker

Joker

I really miss the chat room.

10. Nov 17, 2018 #30

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Many people do.... there really hasn’t been anything to replace them that I have found.