• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Super-Pear - Review of Some Roaman's Tops

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
Some of you have already read this, so you can skip it if you have, but I'm posting here for those who haven't seen it yet, in the hope some may find it useful. :)

Okay, all you super-super-pears - this post is for you.

If you can generally fit into tops from Roaman's, but they're usually too short to cover the belly, and if their largest size pants/skirts rarely fit you - again, this post is for you. lol. If the largest-sized bottoms from Woman Within are hit and miss as to whether they'll fit you...yeah, you get the drill. If all these things are true, you're probably shaped at least a little like me, so hopefully what I have to say will be useful.

I got tired of the blah shirts I've been getting lately from Woman Within. I always drool over the Roaman's ones, but they almost always end up being cute, but too short for work. Well, right now they have lots of "tunics," which translates into "a little longer," so since they were having a good sale, I picked up a bunch. I thought I'd share with you how they fit me. (If you're my size anyway, this probably goes without saying, but I ordered all of them in the largest size that was available, whatever that happened to be).

I still have a few items on backorder, so more on those when I get them, but I got the vast majority yesterday, and to my utter surprise, they ALL fit around my hips/rear. Some more snugly than others, but all in a manageable way.

My favorite of the bunch was the one sweater I ordered - this one. I adore it. It's very soft, seems like it will be warm, and it's very stretchy, and it goes over my hips and covers my belly with stretch to spare. I love it. It's even prettier than the picture. I haven't gotten it to go down over my very round shoulders yet, but I didn't try very hard. lol. It's stretchy enough that it ought to.

This sequiny perfect-for-a-Christmas-party tunic here is very pretty. It's a LITTLE on the short side - I'm going to have to try wearing it around a little to see if it's going to be problematically so, but I don't think it will be. It's also a little snug - but not obscenely so. I think I can get away with it, and it's super-cute. It has already dropped a couple of sequins, though - so I'm a little wary of that as well.

The best-fitting of the whole bunch was this metallic shirt here. It's very stretchy, and *gasp* even a little loose on me. It's been a long time since I've had a shirt that fit this well. I got it in the silver, and the color is surprisingly pewter-like and flattering on me.

This one is festive, but very snug, especially around the bottom hem. (I'd be willing to bet if they hadn't added that satin hem to the bottom, the fact the fabric is cotton/polyester would have meant it would have worked just fine). When I say snug, I mean so snug I worry I'm going to rip it when I sit down. I'm going to try wearing it around a bit to see how it works - but this one has the best chance of any of being returned.

This one is nice and flowy and loose, but I got it in Coral Rose, and I'm really not fond of the color. It's more brown than "coral" to me. I was hoping the color would be closer to the swatch than the picture, but the picture is pretty close. It's kind of...blah, to me. I'm keeping it anyway, as it will be a perfectly acceptable work shirt.

This one I love! It's very stylish and looks lovely on. There's a not-at-all-stretchy lining to this shirt that fits a bit snugly on me and is too short, but the outer layer of the shirt (the one that matters, obviously) is just long enough, and not too snug. I like it!

I also bought a couple of skirts, which, well -they were a size 32, and not stretchy, and I was obviously being delusional. LOL. But I liked them so much I had to try anyway! They're not even close to fitting. This one and this one. I was tempted to keep the second one, cut the way-too-tight lining out of it, add some elastic to the waist, and keep the mesh ruffles for...uh...play purposes. ;) :D The ruffles are really really adorable, even more so than in the picture!

I also bought these boy shorts. They actually fit without rolling down - once I've tried wearing them around for a day I'll let you know if the leg annoys me or if I like it.

Hope this helps someone!

Latest posts

Back