• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Swimsuits! Cheap and kickass.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seavixen

Ditz Extraordinaire
Sooo.... my mom finally utilized her gigantic yard and put in an 18x33 foot above ground/in deck swimming pool. Guess where I have been like every possible day? Water makes my fat really happy, and I am pretty good at in-pool volleyball if you ask me.

The point? Swimsuits! Swimsuits are NOT easy for me to find. I do not have an enormous bosom to match my lower half. For this reason, I love halter swimsuits - being able to adjust the straps really makes a difference, because they are invariably too long and spaghetti straps always slip on me.

Halters are not easy to find when you are my size - hell, swimsuits of any kind are hard to find - which is to say firmly supersized. I can get into Avenue Denim Lites 32s, but they run tight to comfortable depending on the rise. (High waist - I can NOT wear low rise.) I can often wear size 28s in tees, but they tend to roll up if the fabric is too stretchy, which is absolutely vile. This is to give an idea of size.

My birthday has recently passed, and my mom is way more confident in my ability to fit into things than I am. As such, she purchased (as gifts) some swimming separates for me from Amazon. I'm actually surprised, and they are *really* cheap, so I'm going to show them to you.

Turquoise Tankini Top ($13.99)
Solid Skirted Bottom (Brown) ($13.99)

I got these in 3x. This is like a 24, I think, which sort of blows my mind - because it goes on me. The straps are convertable, and I can actually wear them in a crisscross rather than halter (more comfy) without having them be too long. The bras in these things are pretty sweet. My mom got herself a few styles, also, and she is extremely chesty - the suit does such a good job that she feels fine walking around in it. This is a woman who would sleep in a bra if she could stand it.

The top is amazingly pretty long. (So you know, it isn't black and turquoise like it looks, but brown - which is lovely.) It does a good job of meeting with the bottoms instead of leaving a weird gap. The bottoms are NOT a loose skirt on me. I didn't think they would possibly even go on, though. They look sort of... retro swimsuit, more like swimshorts than a skirt because they fit really close and tight, which doesn't particularly bother me. I'm just amazed that these things go on, and stretch well both horizontally and vertically - they go damned near up to my waist if I work them up, which is a pretty killer feat. They do take me awhile to wiggle in and out of, though. The stitching is strong and has yet to make any scary noises or show signs of distress. (I have a Torrid swimsuit that the top fits excellently on, but the stitching started failing on the bottoms as soon as I tried them on - not so with these bottoms.)

My mom is wearing a 2x, which is maybe a bit smaller than her actual size, and it fits her perfectly, both top and bottom. She tends to wear size 20-24 bottoms and 24-28 tops.

Depending upon how you like your suit to fit, a lot of different sizes should be able to wear these. And they are so wildly cheap that it's not like it's a big risk.

That said... I am even more head over heels for this swimsuit, which I also got for my birthday in a 4x:

O-Ring Tankini in Multi ($29.99)

It fits me about as perfectly as it can, bottom and top coming together really nicely in the middle. This is a suit that can be worn at a comfortable halter tightness - that is, I don't have to tie it really tight for it to do a pretty good job with my chest. But, of course, I do not have a whole lot in that department...

My only complaint is that the way it is lined makes it float up sometimes in the front, and bubble up/float in a spa.

This is also a really cheap suit! I love it.

Previously, I have had to settle with things I found horribly ugly from, say, catalogs... to be able to get a suit to fit at a sub 3 digit price. And the catalog suits fit WEIRDLY in my experience. These are both great options. Obviously the Amazon one is better for a woman who is, say, size 28 or so (at 3x), but it is still very much an option if you aren't too worried about billowy coverage.

Sorry if anyone has posted on these already, but I thought I'd share. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back