• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Doctor's Office

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeanutButterfly

I just made an appointment with a new doctor today and I'm a little apprehensive. I absolutely hate the doctor but since I havent seen one in a good 3 years I thought it was time for a physical. I've never seen this particular doctor so I'm even more nervous that she'll make me feel uncomfortable or shame me about my weight. I do see other doctors regularly, I just saw my gyno and I'm incredibly comfortable around her (she's also a big lady so she never gives me a hard time about my weight) but general practioners seem to harp more than the others. I used to have a wonderful male GP who was similarly more concerned with my overall health than the number on the scale but recently he's become too ill to practice :( Which leads me to this new woman.

So, how do you ladies deal? Do you have any tips? Any go to mantra like "Thanks but I'm happy with my weight"? Do you bring up Health at Every Size? Or do you just grit your teeth, have a good cry in the parking lot and then move on? I'd really like to avoid the last one haha so any feedback would be appreciated :)

Back