• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Fat Girl Who Came to Dinner

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TallFatSue

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a comedy soap opera. Let me tell you, sitcoms have nothing on The Sue & Art Show, with special guests like Sue's Mom, and Sue's Fat-Phobic Sister-In-Law. ;)

Prologue: Easter brings our first major family gatherings of the year. I've always felt very comfortable with Art's relatives, although they're kinda bland, which is fine with me. Plenty to eat, but they like their food kinda bland too. Art's sister's family hosted their Easter dinner on Saturday and made sure I had first choice of the biggest strongest chair. Let me point out that Art's older sister is my GOOD sister-in-law. She was one of my classmates at Ohio State University in the late 1970s, and that's how I met Art. Art's relatives have always been very accommodating of my size, sometimes overly so, but better too much than not enough. Sometimes I've found myself in a big comfy chair filled with quicksand that swallowed my big fat ass, and when I had a little difficulty getting up, several of Art's relatives practically tripped over each other to jump up and help me. Thank you, but I don't need a crane. ;)

Act I: If my husband's relatives are friendly but bland, my relatives are always an adventure. My brother's family hosted Easter dinner on Sunday. I've mentioned before that his wife is my fat-phobic sister-in-law. She seems convinced that obesity is contagious if I sit too close to her, and afraid I'll break all her furniture. Naturally I make sure to give her big enveloping hugs and sit near her most of the time (kinda like a cat always seems to seek out people who don't like cats, although I've never tried to jump in her lap). :D

Act II: Their daughter was there too. My niece goes to Ohio State University, and she had definitely gained the "freshman fifteen" or possibly the "freshman twenty-five," so her mother was aghast. Well, the best was yet to come. One of my niece's new classmates was coming over. My sister-in-law was all a-twitter because her daughter's new friend is from Ottawa Hills which, for those not familiar with Toledo, is the most affluent suburb in our area, and one of the top ten in Ohio. Naturally my overly socially-conscious sister-in-law had dreams of insinuating herself with some rich movers and shakers. After much anticipation, in walks my niece's friend, and she was moving and shaking all right: a very well dressed, very confident SSBBW with a very large belly! It was fun to watch my sister-in-law balance her eagerness for potential social climbing against her horror that her daughter's new friend is a young woman who is almost as fat as I am. To compound her dilemma, my niece apparently invited her new friend over specifically to meet her big fat Aunt Sue, because she knew her mother wouldn't exactly welcome her with open arms. Her new friend seemed very down-to-earth, even if she is swimming in money. A couple hours later they left, and methinx they were driving back to school together. :)

Epilogue: My mother never fails to amaze me. When it's just the two of us, she always finds some reason to criticize my weight: "Doesn't it bother you to have that big belly of yours hanging out for all the world to see?" In a group, though, she can turn 180 degrees. After my niece and her friend left, my brother asked his wife what she thought of their daughter's new classmate. My sister-in-law sounded crest-fallen: "Oh, she's soooo fat." That's when my mother chimed in, "Well, if that's all you can think of to say, maybe you'd better look beyond the obvious once in a while." My father, brother and I looked at each other and smiled. We love you, Mom, the Queen of Mixed Messages. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back