Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Take a look at definition #3 for "kermit" -

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kermit

Definition:
"A guy who likes fat women and knows how to treat them with respect."

Usage:
"Only a true kermit would go out of his way to find a comfortable chair for his fat girlfriend."

Click on the "thumbs up"! Let's see if we can make this the main definition. Whatduyathink?

Joe944

Aspiring Slacker
Is it just me or does Kermit mean everything? Sorry man I'm gonna have to vote for #2... Wanna roll up a kermit?

Joe944

Aspiring Slacker
Look at that, saved, and I didn't even have to do any work. :)

LovelyLiz

Growing up as a fat girl, I remember having mixed feelings about Kermit and Miss Piggy's relationship. There were definitely times when he seemed to dig her and that was cool...but I also remember that there was some dynamic where she was super assertive and always chasing after him, and he seemed kind of frightened or only reluctantly into her. At least that's what I remember. And as a fat woman with a very strong personality, that is certainly not a dynamic that I ever want.

But I think once they got together, and she wasn't chasing anymore, it seemed a lot sweeter.

Cool find, Stan :)

Weirdo890

I voted for that definition. I guess I'm a Kermit, which is great since he was always one of my favorite Muppets.

Joe944

Aspiring Slacker
Kermit WAS always my favorite muppet now that I recall.

jenboo

Take a look at definition #3 for "kermit" -

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kermit

Definition:
"A guy who likes fat women and knows how to treat them with respect."

Usage:
"Only a true kermit would go out of his way to find a comfortable chair for his fat girlfriend."

Click on the "thumbs up"! Let's see if we can make this the main definition. Whatduyathink?

LOVE it! Much better than fa in my mind:)

liz (di-va)

Done and done.

p.s. Have the same feelings about the Kermit/Miss Piggy dynamic (HEE! I am giggling as I write that--must get funding for thesis paper about it) but fuck it...happy to up-vote the idea of treating fat women well, esp. in Urb Dickt Land.

superodalisque

would definitely have to go for the updated Kermit because the old one used to piss me off to no end as a girl. i loved Miss Piggy! and i still do:smitten: the diva does not know the word no and tackles potentially embarrassing situations like a champ. i wonder what the urban dictionary says about someone called a Miss Piggy?

ps: looked it up and that definition is not so good :( maybe we can petition for a new one?

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Thanks Jenboo and all! I do agree that Kermit's and Ms. Piggy's relationship was a bit over-the-top in some ways as you wrote Mcbeth, Liz and Superodalisque but I think there is enough good in how he is portrayed to make him a positive character. At least Kermit is the closest thing to a good example that I have been able to find over the years.

Indy500tchr and Weirdo890, I have to admit as a kid really liking Beaker and Swedish Chef.

Joe944, I'm glad to see that Wrestlingguy and Dragorat straightened you out on the henry of kermit vs respect for fat women thing... ;)

steve-aka

I'm in for number 3! The Kermit = weed thing is just too obvious and therefore silly. There are already enough slang words for pot, dope, xir, smoke, green leafy vegetable matter to give it yet another one. But how many descriptors do we have for us guys who dig fat chicks? FA and chubby chaser and that's pretty much it. I am a proud Kermit...even though my favorite muppet was always Animal - what can I say, I'm a drummer!

kioewen

Can obviously not support any definition that, by its very nature, implies that a full-figured woman is a. . .

The Kermit/Miss P. relationship has always been a terrible slam of curvy women, because of how the latter character is named.

KaliCurves

I'm His Fatty
I know My Kermy fits it, and thats why we dressed that way for Halloween!

We posted photos on here somewhere!

I LOVE MY KERMIT!

Latest posts