• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The moment I realized it was "OK" to be fat...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginger

I have been thinking about this topic lately. I think it's time for me to share, and Dimensions seems like a place that will appreciate it...

I was always chubby and grew up in an un-supportive environment. My father was obsessed with my weight, unfairly though because he was a big man himself. My mother did her best, but he was "The King". So I always thought it was a horrible thing to be fat. My father told me that "no one wants to be with a fat girl" "You'll be alone forever" "When you grow up you'll only be a fat lazy broad" Great stuff like that...so needless to say I quickly developed a complex.

But, a marvelous event happen when I was around 11 years old...

My dad had a friend, we'll call him Tom. I always had a crush on Tom as a kid, I thought he was super cute and he was, well, hard to describe, but I always liked him. He was a photographer which I always thought was awesome, we even visited his studio before (super cool). We didn't see Tom that much, he lived 2 hours away.

So, we went down to see his new house one day. I was sitting on the couch, watching TV with my mom. Dad & Tom were probably doin guy stuff, I don't quite remember. Now, this was back in the days before cable tv had the guide channel, so they would send you a card with a listing of what networks were on what channel (you know you remember). I picked up the card, the front was hand written in script, and on the back was a photo of a curvy queen. It was a stunning black & white photo, the rear/side view of a beautiful BBW. She was gazing out of a window wearing nothing but a pair of shoes. It wasn't vulgar or obscene, it was just beautiful. On the photo was the caption "Annie's Fannie".

I wasn't quite sure what to think about it, and my mom said "oh ya, that's Tom's old girlfriend. He has always dated chubby girls"

Wait a minute here - You mean guys actually date chubby chicks?! Guys actually go out and look for large ladies? They don't just "end up" with them? What?! I had never heard of this before! You have GOT TO BE JOKING! TOM?! TOM DATES FAT GIRLS?! It was such an earth shaking revelation for me! A little bit of the distorted body image melted off...and the more I thought about it, the better I felt!

I'll never forgot that moment, the moment I realized it was ok to be fat. And, it probably goes through my head on a daily basis. Whenever I start feeling a little down (ya those moments still happen) I always think about "Annie's Fannie", and I get a smile on my face.

I never got the chance to meet Annie, but I'm giving a public thank you to her, and her fannie.

-G-

Latest posts

Back