Quantcast

The Pioneer Woman Cooks

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

TraciJo67

Surely, by now, we've all heard of (and klepped recipes from) www.thepioneerwomancooks.com. It is my all-time favorite go-to for recipes. Also, she's hysterically funny.

Tonight, I made the most divine meal I think I've ever had. Courtesy of The Pioneer Woman. Beef stew with mushrooms, served over big, fat, chewy egg noodles (my only deviation from her recipe, which called for fettuccine noodles). I just grabbed a bag of frozen noodles and thawed them as the stew simmered. Recipe here. Try it. It's rich, beefy, hearty ... I made a huge pot, and between hub, my son, myself ... we finished it all. We just kept going back for more. I'm making it again tomorrow. I'm already obsessing about it tonight :wubu:

Sugar

My all time favorite is her olive cheese bread followed by the jalapeno poppers wrapped bacon.

Now if only we all lived on a ranch where calories didn't matter, right?

Isa

In search of....
I love the site and if I was a cooking woman, would be all over her recipes.
For now I just read and dream of how wonderful everything must taste.

TraciJo67

My all time favorite is her olive cheese bread followed by the jalapeno poppers wrapped bacon.

Now if only we all lived on a ranch where calories didn't matter, right?
I love that too, Sugar! The olive cheese bread, that is. I haven't tried the jalapeno poppers yet. The only thing that would have made tonight's meal any better would have been a thick slab of that yummy, yummy bread to sop the juices up with.

What I really like about her recipes is that they are hearty, unpretentious, and nearly always delicious. The only thing I've tried so far that I wasn't overly fond of was her lasagna recipe. It was tasty ... just not nearly as good as mine, and my recipe is even easier-to-make than hers. But everything else I've tried has been spot-on delicious, using the simplest of ingredients, and ... :bow:

Miss Vickie

Oooh I'll have to try this. It looks good and it's one I haven't made yet.

I love her mexican lasagne. Oh. My. Freakin'. God. SOOOO good. Seriously. Make it. You will love it.

Sugar

Oooh I'll have to try this. It looks good and it's one I haven't made yet.

I love her mexican lasagne. Oh. My. Freakin'. God. SOOOO good. Seriously. Make it. You will love it.
Have you tried her regular lasagna? Sweet fancy Moses!

sunnie1653

Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)
Oh MAN. I have never in my life wished that B loved mushrooms as much as I do. God. I want to BE a mushroom after seeing that recipe.

And I'd so use mashed potatoes. ;)

MisticalMisty

Oh sweet Jesus. Check these out.

I'm making these the first chance I get. It's already on my grocery list.

I love MM sandwhich as well. I always sautee mushrooms with the onions..oh so good!

Her twice baked potatoes are good. I want to garner up the strength to make those damn cinnamon rolls. lol

Brenda

Her Rosemary caramelized onion blue cheese rolls are fabulous, I make them fairly often.

Brenda

Miss Vickie

Ow wow. I checked out the cinnamon roll recipe. Oh. My. Gosh. I have to make these. They look hella messy but I can already see the possibility. If the recipe makes 7 pans, we could do a couple with raisins, maybe cranberries, nuts. The possibilities are endless. ;) :eat2:

SoVerySoft

No fat no flavor
In Remembrance
Damn you all. I can't stop clicking to see more recipes (and photos!) on her site.

I went to look at one. And got stuck there for hours!

crayola box

Made her pumpkin muffins a couple of weeks ago and they were delicious, very moist with the right touch of spice. Also the handmade noodles from pastor Ryan's guest appearance on the site were delicious and would be awesome in this cold weather.

Tracyarts

I made the macaroni and cheese recipe from her website, and it was pretty good as is. Very rich and flavorful too. I am going to be making it again this week, but I am tweaking the recipe a little. Not much, just a few minor changes. No egg, all sharp cheddar, and no seasoned salt. It's a great recipe, wasn't difficult at all.

Tracy

Flutterby68

My Cups Runneth Over
For years, I've been making my mashed potatoes the way she does it. The cream cheese really does make a difference.

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
I don't even like beef stew but this looks like it's to die for!! I'm making it next weekend.

mszwebs

For The WIN.
Totally got sucked into this site as well.

To the point where I basically had to go to the store IMMEDIATELY (which in my world meant beg my mom to go for me while I was at work lol) and had to make Pastor Ryan's Monkey Bread

Easiest recipe in the world. I actually used the 4th can of biscuits that came in the 4-pak and added a little more butter and brown sugar (because butter and brown sugar is oddly addictive for someone who really could go without sweets on a semi regular basis...AND to cover the extra 40 biscuit pieces added in, which is my real story and I'm sticking to it:rolleyes:)

I thought it was going to asplode out of the bundt pan I used...but we juuuuust made it. Thank God. Or my grandmother would have killed me.

View attachment Monkey Bread 1.jpg

View attachment Monkey Bread 2.jpg

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
My family has made monkey bread for years.

IT IS SO GOOD.

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
Steve always talks about Monkey Bread, and now that I know how to make it I will!! I was telling someone at work and she said you can also make it as a savory bread by using herbs and parmesan cheese in the butter instead of sugar and cinnamon. I must try it both ways.