• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The plunge...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhett

I've been lurking around here since the days of Dani's BBWQT website. I've drifted away like many others, I haven't posted on the board since the changeover to the new board. I see lots of new faces, but I am hoping to catch a few old ones too.

I have always been an ardent support of size acceptance. It's ridiculous to be judgmental of someone that is over or under weight. I have certainly never been a fan of "heroine chic" but I can accept that ultra-skinny woman as easily as I can the SSBBW.

I have seen some of the folks that I new become ostracized from the size acceptance community from undergoing the size acceptance community. Everyone of them did it for the right reason; for themselves.

That is where I am at now. At 37 years old I have sleep apnea, hypertension, enlarged heart, diabetes type 2, etc., etc. I sleep with a mask like Darth Vader, I am tired, I ache, and now I am justifiably scared. The doctor tells me I have to take some of the weight and keep it off. He doesn't expect me to reach the government approved "ideal" weight. He doesn't subscribe to that theory. He's been my friend for many years, he has never judged my obesity. When someone like that says you need this or you will die in sometime in the next 10 years, you listen.

That is my right reason for choosing WLS. I am doing it for myself. I am doing it for my family so I can be here for them. That is always an important thing to consider when someone decides to do WLS. Why are they? We can't ask others not to be judgmental of us, unless we practice what we preach.

So any old timers around? Anyone of the ones that went ahead with WLS?

Grandalto, Crysxycin, Vickie, VictoriaX, Redster, Seafarer, Mindy, anyone still about? :confused:

Latest posts

Back