The thread for random single confessions!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

cinnamitch

nope
Love, love love Charley Pride. Truth told i am a sucker for older country music, especially 70's on back. I just downloaded a bunch of Tommy Overstreet and Gary Stewart. Congrats on the Album find. Search the web and you will find alot of stores that sell the vintage vinyl on him and others from around his heyday.

Carl1h

figure O
I have wasted a collosul amount of money in the past two months. Some on this beauty:

Probably my favorite country album of all time.
My first concert (and my only C+W concert) was in the seventies when my mom and dad took us to see Charlie Pride. Of course that was back when country music was good. :D

Olga_NYC

Hmm I'll confess that I like reality shows ... a lot :blush: LOL

Canonista

Rep Dealer
My first concert (and my only C+W concert) was in the seventies when my mom and dad took us to see Charlie Pride. Of course that was back when country music was good. :D
It's not country anymore. It's light rock for rednecks.

Why can't Rascal Flatt's plane crash?

cinnamitch

nope
It's not country anymore. It's light rock for rednecks.

Why can't Rascal Flatt's plane crash?
I wouldn't wish that on anyone but yeah country has gotten a bit too citified for most purists. Now they want artists who can cross over to the pop markets to garner higher sales. Labels are forgetting what market they are in sometimes. I remember when Reba started out and she is nowhere near what she was back then. When she started out she was embraced by lovers of older country as someone who would carry the torch for the new generation of music lovers to keep country alive and slowly but surely she has become more and more contemporary and "Hollywood" Country now is all about the bells, whistles and loud stage shows that have been choreographed to appeal to a more diverse audience. Thats ok, it just leaves those of us who still remember older country to enjoy those who carry on in that tradition so we can rest assured it will never die away completely.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I wouldn't wish that on anyone but yeah country has gotten a bit too citified for most purists. Now they want artists who can cross over to the pop markets to garner higher sales. Labels are forgetting what market they are in sometimes. I remember when Reba started out and she is nowhere near what she was back then. When she started out she was embraced by lovers of older country as someone who would carry the torch for the new generation of music lovers to keep country alive and slowly but surely she has become more and more contemporary and "Hollywood" Country now is all about the bells, whistles and loud stage shows that have been choreographed to appeal to a more diverse audience. Thats ok, it just leaves those of us who still remember older country to enjoy those who carry on in that tradition so we can rest assured it will never die away completely.
Y'all need to turn your popular radio off. :) Alt country has a great traditional sound.

Have a look at Soma FM - Boot Liquor, they play amazing stuff (even awesome oldies)

Sugarland is a very popular band but they have some cool stuff, like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIyxkZod2cM

Wantabelly

100% FFA
....to watching Lauren Gottlieb over and over and crying cos I know I shouldn't have been so quick to let go. Bollocks :(

Smite

Here Comes Your Man
Here's another Smite confession: I secretly love King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond :(

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
Here's another Smite confession: I secretly love King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond :(
That, sir, is because they are fabulous shows.
Add Yes, Dear to that list, plz.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
i've had tea that tasted like it came from there. I hate crapy tea!
The worst is ordering tea from Tim Horton's (I hear this chain is slowly leaking into the U.S. these days) and finding out after you've already driven away that they SQUEEZED the tea bag. Makes it so bitter and grainy.

TygerKitty

I confess that I own more purses than I could probably ever use in a normal manner and yet, I keep buying more! :doh:

Carl1h

figure O

Uriel

Nacho Ninja
I love the train wreck that is Brett Michael's Rock of Love. It's really sad, the girls are (Mostly) trashy strippers (Yuck), and I have never liked Poison. It's just funny and embarrassing (It can make me wince...alone),
Man, this show is funny...

Same goes for 'I Love Money', although I never watched Flavor of Love.
All of the hot black girls don't hurt (Um, I like chocolate...Myamee and Saaphyri are my poison on that show...Yes, I know, the spellings of their names is quite retarded, but Flavor Flav picked the names, not I...You know, FF...the crackhead!?!).

-Uriel

Smite

Here Comes Your Man
SOMETHING TAKES APART OF ME
A CHEAP FUCK FOR ME TO LAY

no, there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Latest posts

Group builder