The thrill of "your highest weight"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Shotha

DM Supporter
Every time that I hit a new high, I'm delighted. I keep telling myself that I'll stop gaining soon but with each new high I think that I just want to be a little bit fatter.

LJ Rock

I've never been one to weigh myself with any sort of regularity. In fact I don't think I've ever actually owned a bathroom scale. My wife has one, but I rarely use it. So typically the only time I am sure to find out my true weight is when I go to the doctors office - and as such it is almost always a bit of a surprise or a mystery revealed.

It was about ten years ago now when I hit my highest weight. I was just shy of 300lbs, and that was a shock. I was never intentionally trying to gain weight and I never imagined that I was all that heavy. For reasons I won't get into here, I wasn't able to continue gaining, ,and I've not been nearly that heavy since then (I've been holding pretty steady around the 240-250 range.)

But I often wonder where I'd be now if I had continued gaining at the rate I had been. How much bigger could I have gotten? Would I be up to a quarter-ton by now? It will never happen, but I get a little thrill thinking about what could have been. :)

Tad

mostly harmless
I just hit my highest to date weight, but honestly I'm less thrilled than a bit puzzled and bemused. None of my clothes are fitting well, my body feels odd to me. Do I embrace this side? Do I lose that bit to return to my normal? For all that I spent a couple of weeks being a deliberate glutton to hit this high I hadn't really made any plans beyond getting here.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I just hit my highest to date weight, but honestly I'm less thrilled than a bit puzzled and bemused. None of my clothes are fitting well, my body feels odd to me. Do I embrace this side? Do I lose that bit to return to my normal? For all that I spent a couple of weeks being a deliberate glutton to hit this high I hadn't really made any plans beyond getting here.
I would suggest that you should give it a little time and then make you're mind up, when your'e used to it.

Reactions: Tad

Shh! Don’t tell!

I think it’s pretty common for people to gain on purpose and then decide their high weight isn’t sustainable/comfortable and lose the weight/some of the weight again. Nothing wrong with going either way.

Group builder