Quantcast

"Thick Thighs" new size positive song

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tell you what...
If I could get Priscilla Block, Meghan Trainor, and Lardi B at a pool party, I'd be a happy camper!

Reactions: Tad

fat hiker

There's a couple of big guys in that video to go along with the big gals! The air guitar player at 2:02 is not a bad size, and I'm not sure if it's the same guy at 2:18 with some serious attitude towards his beer...

Thanks for sharing this with us, Tad!

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Cute song. 😄
I had not heard of her before seeing this, and I'm now a fan 😍, so I did some digging.
This song, while just a bit of fun* that she wrote with her girlfriends, got her a recording deal, so six years of bustin' her backside on the circuit finally paid off.
Which is awesome!
And she not bad as a writer. Her follow-up, "Just About Over You" is a decent song if you like country. (I do.)

(* with an underlying message that is important, and that I am not trying to diminish by calling the song "fun." That message, while being delivered in a catchy tune, is a significant part of what earned her the popularity she needed in order to "break through," finally.)

Last edited:

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Huh. After reading that, I re-watched the interview I watched yesterday, and I realize I had confused the two songs. The interviewer mentioned both in fast succession when he started talking about TikTok, and I got the focus screwed-up.
It was "Just About Over You" that got her the label deal.

It was her starting to use TikTok that caused people to really start paying attention, which included "Thick Thighs."

Ned Sonntag

Outermost Hoodoo Doctor
So many great pix on her Instagram of her posing in Convenience Store Bathrooms... with her makeup tray etc... so postapocalyptic-punk...

extra_m13

i have no idea why it is costing so much to accept curves, cellulite and rolls even do they are the norm in our ladies and we love it

kingstreet23

I saw this linked elsewhere. I'm not calling this the best song ever, but catchy enough and I'll take any size positive material out there that we can get.

Love the song but I’d love to hear a cover or her make a non country version. It’s good as is but I’d love to see how it’d sound more funky, pop, r&b or as a hip hop song even. I think it could work!

Latest posts