Things to do/participate in during self-quarantine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Orchid

Wetcanvas forum for artists some hobby painters also show their art. Sections threads on variety things
paintings, acryl, watercolor, pastels, mixed media etc.
Ravelry forum for knitters crochet.
View museums online. Louvre, British Museum, MET museum etc.
Bake a cake or cookies.
Play free online Plague Inc...............Puffgames site ( I have not managed yet to understand how, brain fog)
Play solitaire online.
Read @ godlikeproductions forum.
Re-read favorite book(s).
Re-decorate a room with things that you have inside the home, re-arrange furniture.
If you have some hobby UFO/WIP now you have time to perhaps finish it.
Needlework, cross stitch, embroidery, hand sewing.
Watch Youtube videos.
Candycrush game online.
If you know your birth time and like astrology free horoscope, natal charts at www.astrodienst.com
Archived site of diy recipes toiletries soaps etc SnowDriftFarm read up on recipes collection.
Make/keep a junk journal of the time in quarantaine.
If you are into crafts The Frugal Crafter, Lindsay Weihrich has lots of tutorials on Youtube and her blog.

Corey

Corey
Wetcanvas forum for artists some hobby painters also show their art. Sections threads on variety things
paintings, acryl, watercolor, pastels, mixed media etc.
Ravelry forum for knitters crochet.
View museums online. Louvre, British Museum, MET museum etc.
Bake a cake or cookies.
Play free online Plague Inc...............Puffgames site ( I have not managed yet to understand how, brain fog)
Play solitaire online.
Read @ godlikeproductions forum.
Re-read favorite book(s).
Re-decorate a room with things that you have inside the home, re-arrange furniture.
If you have some hobby UFO/WIP now you have time to perhaps finish it.
Needlework, cross stitch, embroidery, hand sewing.
Watch Youtube videos.
Candycrush game online.
If you know your birth time and like astrology free horoscope, natal charts at www.astrodienst.com
Archived site of diy recipes toiletries soaps etc SnowDriftFarm read up on recipes collection.
Make/keep a junk journal of the time in quarantaine.
If you are into crafts The Frugal Crafter, Lindsay Weihrich has lots of tutorials on Youtube and her blog.
Good ideas, thanks Orchid! I think it’d be cool for people to also share any contests they know of that’s going on: photography, poetry, short stories, art, etc that can be entered via online.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
In case I am stuck at home I will excessively live my passion to watch YouTube videos. (completely nuts: I love to watch crosswind landings and dashcam videos - if you have any recommendations - let me know - maybe I haven't seen it yet 😂)

In worst-case being "offline" I'd be busy with:
drawing, writing, sorting out pictures,
putting together all over last month collected recipies in my recipe book, listing and documenting my jewelry (I want to do this for ages...), complete the annual tax declaration (that's fun! 🙄)

and

I haven't started my 1000 pieces jigsaw puzzle game yet... 🙃

Corey

Corey
In case I am stuck at home I will excessively live my passion to watch YouTube videos. (completely nuts: I love to watch crosswind landings and dashcam videos - if you have any recommendations - let me know - maybe I haven't seen it yet 😂)

In worst-case being "offline" I'd be busy with:
drawing, writing, sorting out pictures,
putting together all over last month collected recipies in my recipe book, listing and documenting my jewelry (I want to do this for ages...), complete the annual tax declaration (that's fun! 🙄)

and

I haven't started my 1000 pieces jigsaw puzzle game yet... 🙃
Listing and documenting jewelry is something I haven’t heard of! What is it? I have a drawer in my dresser with compartments for mine. Tell me more!

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Listing and documenting jewelry is something I haven’t heard of! What is it? I have a drawer in my dresser with compartments for mine. Tell me more!
First of all it is probably a very bad attempt of translation of what I want to do 😂😂.

What I basically want to do is getting an overview over my necklaces, earrings and other jewelry I have unfortunately stored in different boxes and different places. Whenever I have a look into one these boxes I am surprised of what I find in there 🙃.
I'd like to have like a catalog with a picture and additional information (material, value...) of all my jewelry. (Nothing of any big value though.)

Corey

Corey
First of all it is probably a very bad attempt of translation of what I want to do 😂😂.

What I basically want to do is getting an overview over my necklaces, earrings and other jewelry I have unfortunately stored in different boxes and different places. Whenever I have a look into one these boxes I am surprised of what I find in there 🙃.
I'd like to have like a catalog with a picture and additional information (material, value...) of all my jewelry. (Nothing of any big value though.)
Now that is right up my alley....organization queen. Are you going to laminate it?

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Now that is right up my alley....organization queen. Are you going to laminate it?
Well, I am far away from being an organization queen.

But I'd agree on queen 😊.

My plan is: once I have taken pictures of each item I put all back in the right place and in the meantime I update my catalogue.
This sounds like such a great plan to me - for several years now.

Concerning your question if I am going to laminate it: probably not.
At this point I am pretty sure I won't do any of it and keep on living my jewelry chaos. 😂

Salacious Caitlin

Looks like I will NOT be allowed to work from home (I'm preparing a mental list of snarky .sig files for my work email when I get back, along 'ours is not to question why' lines...). But I'll probably be reading, walking the dog on deserted desert pathways, streaming stuff, watching TV, finishing the last couple DVDs of Battlestar Galactica. Pretty much exactly what I always do normally except the grocery store might be out of stuff.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Quite apart from the boredom of quarantine and self isolation, we will have restrictions on travel and public events. So this is a very good thread to have.

I'll be spending a lot of time studying the Sanskrit language and Hindu scriptures. I think that starting to learn a new language or brushing up on an old language is a good way to pass the time.

I'll be catching up with a lot of friends on line, including more time on Dimensions. If you miss all those real social events, organize an online party. A conference call on Saturday night might be a good replacement for meeting friends at a pub or bar.

And thank God for the Internet, where there is so much to read, watch, listen to or participate in.