• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Thyroid!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
So, I just got a call from my Doc's office. When I was in her office being seen for the whiplash I had :)doh:) I asked if she'd like to set me up to get some blood drawn, since it had been a while since we did that, and I had insurance now. She asked me if I was fasting, and I said yes, and she did some bloodwork.

Doctors have been testing me for thyroid problems all my fat little life, but this is the first test that was ever performed while I was fasting.

Well, no blood sugar issues (which is good), only slightly elevated cholesterol (not bad), but WHAM - suddenly I have thyroid issues! I can't help wondering if maybe I have had them all my life but never known, since I was never tested while fasting.

She said my T3 levels were "low", and the rest of my levels were elevated. I was half asleep when she called, so I didn't think to ask for more specifics than that, but I'm doing a little online research right now to see what I can figure out. She's called in medication for me to my local pharmacy.

I'm actually excited about this diagnosis. Even with successful CPAP treatment, I've been tired for a very, very long time, and this gives me hope that maybe it's not something I'll have to live with the rest of my life.

Can anyone else shed some insight on what low T3 levels and elevated others could mean?

Thanks, guys. :)

Back